BlackBerry to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone636rider, Jun 14, 2009.

1. iphone636rider

iphone636rider New Member

hello everyone at the present time I have a 8330 BB curve and I'm thinking about jumping over to the iPhone 3G s. am I doing the right thing because I'm reading about Att and the problems they're having about giving good service and how crapy the iPhone is on their service .:eek:

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I've never had a problem with AT&T. Very good service in my region. You will see complaints from any carrier. Just check the coverage in your area before you jump on board. Good luck!

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't see those problems, either. Remember that on forums, you hear a lot more from unhappy users than from the majority of satisfied users.

4. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I have been with ATT since before dirt and have always had good coverage and service. I'm sure I have had a dropped call, but they are so few that I don't remember when it was.

5. fortylove

fortylove New Member

I have been with AT&T for over 10 years and have switched from a 8310 Curve to the iPhone three weeks ago. I have always had good service with AT&T, 3G works great in my area. I love my iPhone!

6. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member
    Bronze

I currently have the Curve 8310 from AT&T. I think the big problem we (BB users or other non-touch screen users) will face is the lack of QWERTY keyboard and getting used to the typing.
    I tried the BOLD and felt the same way people feel about the 3GS upgrade, that there isn't that much of a difference.

I won't touch on coverage because everyone else has posted the same thing I will as far as coverage areas.

7. Marty Mar

Marty Mar New Member
    Bronze

i've been with AT&T for a few years, and had an iPhone for a year. never had a problem. actually always had really pleasant experiences with customer service.

i will say this: the people working in the actual stores (in my area) are bastards and botched my direct fulfillment last summer big time. but customer service stepped in and made everything better.

8. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

The iPhone has a QWERTY keyboard. It's just touch.

9. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member
    Bronze

Um yeah, but the keys are not physically there... ie - the reason I put touch screen!

10. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I've been with AT&T or Cingular for over 15 years now. In my area, they're great. I've never had a problem with their customer service nor their services in general.

11. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Just pointing out you said the iPhone doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard, when it does, is all.

:laugh2:

12. Phxblue

Phxblue Member
    Bronze

Hey there. I am a former BB user myself. The hardest thing about the switch is not the carriers, its leaving a physical keyboard for a virtual. It does take some getting used too but after a while you will be glad you made the switch. I personally "thought" I was a die hard BB fan but the iPhone changed that. I still like my BB but I have so much more fun with the iPhone.

13. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

The touch screen keyboard is way better to me then a physical one. I can type way faster with it then I could on my AT&T Tilt. If AT&T has good coverage in your area, I would say take the plunge

14. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Well, I want to complain about the iPhone's lack of a Dvorak keyboard. :laugh2:

15. li2327

li2327 Member
    Bronze

I've only had AT&T and
    my iPhone for a couple of weeks but so far my service has been great. The first iPhone o had was bad and AT&T was very helpful with resolving my issues.

16. Phxblue

Phxblue Member
    Bronze

My first experience with AT&T was two years ago with my first BlackBerry and I couldn't get a signal for nothin. I left and haven't been back till now. AT&T apparently has done quite a few upgrades here in Phx because the signal has been solid on my 3GS.

17. christieee_a

christieee_a New Member

Hi there,

I've ordered my iPhone and will be switching from a blackberry. Any tips or tricks for the switch over?

Does anyone know if I have to change my phone plan with Rogers? I currently have a blackberry specific plan, will I have to switch it to an iPhone one?

18. teefar

teefar Member
    Bronze

Yes you will have to change plans. You'll have to get a new voice and data plan for your iPhone.

19. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Yes you will definitely need to switch plans. Also welcome to iPhone!(y)

20. sribharath

sribharath New Member

yes black berry has some diff plans .. and u need to change your data plans ..welcome to iPhone anyways