"Blocked" call?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
15,384
1,089
113
DC
#1
when receiving a call, if in the name/number field it says "Blocked", is that someone that dialed *67 or something?
 

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
6,682
241
83
49
ATL
#2
yes.
Personally, I don't answer those, and I even have a block on my phone so that I don't even get those calls anymore.
 

Lincoln

New Member
Gold
Aug 11, 2007
6,100
4
0
#3
Usually those are my friends trying to be cute, but sometimes they can be the shady crack dealers, so yeah, I don't answer them.

- John
 

psylichon

Genius
Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
16,591
751
113
40
Philly
#4
I know a couple people who are "blocked". I think it's an option you can enable with your service provider.
 
Jun 16, 2008
1,177
12
38
Tinley Park, IL
#5
I know a couple people who are "blocked". I think it's an option you can enable with your service provider.
I have one friend that does that and he is the only one that comes up blocked, so I always know its him. Solicitors and what not always come up 999-999-9999 on my phone.
 
Jun 7, 2007
545
0
16
Queens, NY
#7
yes.
Personally, I don't answer those, and I even have a block on my phone so that I don't even get those calls anymore.
I know u can do that with only land lines..request that no blocked numbers come through.
Cell phones don't have that feature unlist you're using a third party app....
 

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
4,480
92
48
Burbank
#8
I really don't like Blocked calls. Sometimes they come up as Unknown but when I answer it changes to Blocked. I have only one friend whose number is that, so 98% of the time its him, but the other 2% is either wrong numbers, or my friends playing jokes.
 

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
6,682
241
83
49
ATL
#9
I know u can do that with only land lines..request that no blocked numbers come through.
Cell phones don't have that feature unlist you're using a third party app....
At&t did it for my cell at my request. there is no software on my end. its something that they control.
 

Marianne

Zealot
Moderator
Jul 16, 2007
2,326
29
48
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
#10
At&t did it for my cell at my request. there is no software on my end. its something that they control.
really? that's excellent! i will have to call them to ask for that for my cell line. my mom has her caller ID automatically blocked, so when i get a blocked call, i know it's most likely her, but i hate taking the chance and would rather see the caller ID for every call i get...
 

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
2,216
3
36
#11
Yes, I think you can even log onto your account online and add the feature. I have an unlisted number on my land line, but the number will still show up when calling a cell phone, so I think a call that says "blocked" will usually come from a cell phone which has intentionally been blocked.
 

frizz

New Member
Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
91
0
0
60
Philly
#12
really? that's excellent! i will have to call them to ask for that for my cell line. my mom has her caller ID automatically blocked, so when i get a blocked call, i know it's most likely her, but i hate taking the chance and would rather see the caller ID for every call i get...
I'm sure everybody has heard of MCleaner in apps, great little pgm that sends all blocked and unlisted numbers to v/m. You can even set up a blacklist where they also go directly to v/m. Hope this helps all.
 

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
15,384
1,089
113
DC
#13
so after about one call a day for the past few weeks, from this "blocked" number, two days ago i decided to answer it, and it was some confused lady i could hardly understand... i tried telling her that she has the wrong number.

Last night around midnight she called again... i guess i'll have to install a filter...
 

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
4,571
3
38
Irvine, Ca.
#14
you can do it on your phone, yourself. Ready?

settings
phone
show my caller id
off

done. you may now call as "blocked".

you're welcome. :)
 

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
6,682
241
83
49
ATL
#15
I believe this thread was more about receiving them than how to make them.
 

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
5,725
12
38
Louisville, Ky.
#16
you can do it on your phone, yourself. Ready?

settings
phone
show my caller id
off

done. you may now call as "blocked".

you're welcome. :)
yes, this will prevent your # from showing up on the persons phone you are calling.;)
 

rblauson

New Member
Jul 13, 2008
7
0
0
#20
does anyone know of any software or any fix to stop blocked calls from coming into a 3G iPhone?
much appreciated. i can always choose not to answer them but id rather have a caller reveal their number or have my phone not even ring if its blocked.
thanks
mark