blocking phone numbers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I keep getting called by Gannett Newspaper. It is very irritating because whenever I answer the phone, no one is there. The damn computer dialer calls at precise intervals throughout the week....I could set my watch by it. Is there a known way to successfuly block phone numbers from calling?

Fred

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
nope. thats why you call the company back and yell at them and ask them to take you off the call list

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
I keep getting called by Gannett Newspaper. It is very irritating because whenever I answer the phone, no one is there. The damn computer dialer calls at precise intervals throughout the week....I could set my watch by it. Is there a known way to successfuly block phone numbers from calling?

Fred
I have few numbers I'd just prefer not to talk to (or at least have the choice not to talk to without going "Access, who is Access?" So I have a contact named "Don't Answer" and it has it's own ringtone. When one of these people calls I add their number to that contact and then when I hear that ringtone I just ignore the call. It's not as smooth as the ability to block a call, but my treo 650 couldn't do that either and this is a system I worked out back then.

Hope this helps!

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
and is it me or did they edit this forum, making it more irritating to leave a comment
before theres like an arrow you can click on and leave the comment right away, now it take me to another screen.
this is GAY, i want the old setting forum management people!

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
and is it me or did they edit this forum, making it more irritating to leave a comment
before theres like an arrow you can click on and leave the comment right away, now it take me to another screen.
this is GAY, i want the old setting forum management people!
Oh wow I didn't even notice that was missing. It was nice to do it quickly, maybe they'll put it back up.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I have few numbers I'd just prefer not to talk to (or at least have the choice not to talk to without going "Access, who is Access?" So I have a contact named "Don't Answer" and it has it's own ringtone. When one of these people calls I add their number to that contact and then when I hear that ringtone I just ignore the call. It's not as smooth as the ability to block a call, but my treo 650 couldn't do that either and this is a system I worked out back then.

Hope this helps!
Wow, thats a good idea. I myself don't have anyone that really bugs me but if they ever did, I would definitely do that. :D