Blue "PLAY" Arrow menu icon bug, anyone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I've noticed that since the 1.1.1 update, the blue "Play" triangle (menu bar, next to the Bluetooth icon) appears all by itself. The iPod isn't playing, confirmed any number of ways. I can clear it by going to iPod, playing a song, then pausing/stopping.

At first, I thought it was only happening when waking from sleep, but I just noticed it while browsing the web for a bit. This makes me wonder if it's a time-related bug, rather than a function related bug.

Anyone else see this bug?

-K

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I've noticed that since the 1.1.1 update, the blue "Play" triangle (menu bar, next to the Bluetooth icon) appears all by itself. The iPod isn't playing, confirmed any number of ways. I can clear it by going to iPod, playing a song, then pausing/stopping.

At first, I thought it was only happening when waking from sleep, but I just noticed it while browsing the web for a bit. This makes me wonder if it's a time-related bug, rather than a function related bug.

Anyone else see this bug?

-K
I have noticed this as well actually. I have previously dismissed it as the iPod app running in the background, regardless whether or not it's actually playing, but now realized that's not logical if the icon disappears after restarting/stopping a song. I sure hope this glitch doesn't imply inefficient use of system resources on the iPod end of the device! :eek:

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
I've noticed this bug as well. While I'm browsing the internet, it will come up out of no where then boot me off, next thing you know, that "PLAY" button icon is on the corner where the bluetooth icon usually shows up on the top right, FIX IT APPLE or give us an update soon!

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
The blue arrow always show up even when I'm done using the iPod app. It's just slightly annoying, does any one know if this is using up battery life? I go back to the iPod, pick a song, start and stop it just to make it go away! Any one else have this issue?

sgarrand

Oct 15, 2007
Blue arrow AKA "PLAY" icon..

The blue arrow always show up even when I'm done using the iPod app. It's just slightly annoying, does any one know if this is using up battery life? I go back to the iPod, pick a song, start and stop it just to make it go away! Any one else have this issue?
I believe that is a "play" icon. I get it too and I've looked through the manual but find no explanation as to why it stays there. I had it stay once but usually just pausing a song removes it for me. I would imagine it's only supposed to be there when you're using the iPod function while doing something else.

Scott

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Mine does that too. I just go back into the ipod and home the home button for 10 seconds. Closes out the program.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
Thanks for that! So should I be holding down the home button when I leave the web broswer also? And does holding down the home button to exit the apps save battery power?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
"Force Quitting" shouldn't be necessary, but its sometimes needed to resolve issues like the one you're having.

As for forcing Safari to quit, its not really needed.

On a side note, its generally a "last resort" to force quit an application. Sometimes there are facets of the application which run as processes in the background to help streamline your experience the next time you hop in to said application.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I sure hope this glitch doesn't imply inefficient use of system resources on the iPod end of the device!
That was my concern as well. I don't think so though: the battery doesn't seem to be draining any faster. No other way to tell, since there really isn't a noticeable performance deficit if the iPod plays in the background.

Glad to hear my iPhone doesn't have gremlins. Come one 1.1.2!

-K