blue tint photos

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I noticed today that the photos I take with the camera (even outside) have a blue tint to them. I had read on some other blogs and forums that some people where experiencing this problem so I decided to see if mine did. Should I take the phone back? I am outside the 14 day exchange period so I am not sure what the Apple store will do. This has been the only problem with the phone and I don't want to end up with a replacement with more problems. The color correction capabilities in iPhoto don't help much.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
the 14 day is for any reason. You have a year from Apple for manufact. defects. if they say that it is, then you should be good.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Do you think they will exchange it outright or send it in for service?

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Well it will be up to the sole discretion of Apple, so they may not even say its defective. Your best bet would be to go to an Apple store, either with a friend who has one, or just use one of the display models to take the same picture and compare to one of the employees. I'm not sure which way they will swing for somethign like that.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Usually the guys at the Apple store are pretty nice. If they think its something that isn't fixable, they might just give you a new one on the spot. That happened when I had trouble with my wireless Mighty Mouse.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out.