Blue tooth audio

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
How do you turn BT audio off and still leave BT phone on. When I step into my car even thought it is not playing via the cars speakers it is playing on my 3gs.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
How do you turn BT audio off and still leave BT phone on. When I step into my car even thought it is not playing via the cars speakers it is playing on my 3gs.

You cant. Its either BT on or off. If you need to disconnect a specific item, I would go into settings and delete the relationship.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Thank you. However since we now have audio is that to say we can not stop the music even though no audio is coming out?

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
All I want is BT to work automatically with the phone and BT audio manually when I want it to. Now as soon as I turn on the car (ford sync) the BT audio starts automatically

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
All I want is BT to work automatically with the phone and BT audio manually when I want it to. Now as soon as I turn on the car (ford sync) the BT audio starts automatically
I don't think that is possible. I used to link my phone up with my acura and every time I got into the car it would automatically pair up. There was no way for me to select if I wanted it to pair. Unless the iPhone has a setting which lets you manually select which devices to pair too, I think you are stuck.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Thank you. The auto pairing is ok. It is the fact that what ever was playing last starts to play and run again. All I want run is the phone portion.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
When you start up the iPhone to play music make sure to not select the bluetooth "speakers" in the iPod app. That will ensure that the music doesn't play through your car speakers and only the phone part will work.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
It must be your car. I have a 2009 Acura TSX and it doesn't do that to my iPhone 3G.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
It must be your car. I have a 2009 Acura TSX and it doesn't do that to my iPhone 3G.
Not for nothing but please try this after the BT is established open the iPhone and hit ipod on the phone. No music will be heard but you will notice the last song you were playing is still playing. Just a thought.

torbee

Jul 5, 2009
Not sure what you mean Vladislav. I had the v1 iPhone and couldn't wait to get the 3GS because it has A2DP bluetooth. I don't use it for earphone or headphone but I have a pair of fairly good quality bluetooth speakers at home and wanted to be able to dock my iPhone and use it like an iPod when I get home... maybe you didn't think of that option.