blue tooth Help please...Should I be able to

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cheeki

Nov 25, 2007
I have a new iPhone and I'm also new to blue tooth. I have a iPhone blue tooth everything works great with the phone and the blue tooth when I'm using the phone mode..BUT....my question is::::::
should I be able to listen to the music in ipod mode with my bluetooth headset?

thanks in advance

cheeki

Nov 25, 2007
what do you think? bluetooth for listening to iPhone music

Not sure, I hope they update it or something. In the meantime, I found this on line and I'm gonna try it....

http://www.talkiPhone.com/forums/ip...-through-your-ordinary-bluetooth-headset.html

Method:

1. Pair your headset, make a test call to see if it works. End the call normally.
2. Dial *#307#, press call.
3. Press the answer button twice with 2 seconds delay in your bluetooth headset (If you don't do this correctly, you will continue to listen the ringtone in headset)
4. Press answer on iPhone.
5. Press the home button, do NOT end the call.
6. Open iPod and play a song, you won't get sound from iPhone, nor headset.
7. Once it is playing, press the home button.
8. Open phone.
9. Dial 0, press Call.
10. It will ring again, answer.
11. Press audio source, select your headset.
12. Press home button, do NOT end call. (we're almost there)
13. Open iPod and play anything you like.

Shorter Way:

1. *#307# Dial, press the bluetooth headset button twice.
2. Answer on iPhone, press source.
3. Select bluetooth headset.
4. Press home button, open iPod, play anything.

Now, you will get iPod playing through your bluetooth headset.

Cons:
- MAY not receive calls ( u can answer directly to your phone)

hey do u think that can be taken care of by an Apple software update? or is it hardware?because i was wondering if i could listen to music too..

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, but is it in Stereo and will it work with the latest iPhone software version?
Who are you asking? A2dp support IS BT stereo, which again, is currently unavailable.
As far as the latest firmware version, it's still the same as the first version, although, I have to say, a lot less complaints about static and such since the 1.1.1 update.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Thanks, this tip above works perfectly for me to listen to iPod functions in mono which is fine. There was an old way of doing it with an "Audio" button in Voicemail but I no longer see that available button.

That shortcut above is perfet but i did have some trouble changing over to a call -- seemed in this first try I ahd to use speaker for the phone call cause each time I went tto ear piece I went back to iPod.

But this is easy and great. Thanks

eticket

Sep 16, 2007
North Carolina
Bluetooth Headphones - Stereo

I have a new iPhone and I'm also new to blue tooth. I have a iPhone blue tooth everything works great with the phone and the blue tooth when I'm using the phone mode..BUT....my question is::::::
should I be able to listen to the music in ipod mode with my bluetooth headset?

thanks in advance
While not natively supported, I bought the Sony Bluetooth headphones for ipods and it works perfectly for the iPhone...

When I plug in the BT doggle, it says unsupported device, but just ignore it...
The volume, fast forward, next track and previous track works perfectly!