Blue tooth stereo working?

Sep 3, 2007
this happened to me also when i had a blackberry pearl. i would be listening to music through the speaker and someone would call, i'd answer the call with my bluetooth and that song would play through the ear piece. this was back in jan. of this year, so i don't think its a new thing. this also happened when i used my iPhone. it was a motorola HS850... so i know it possible, but when would it work for good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
I don't even know what Jawbone is... but I got my music to play through my iPhone with absolutely no exploits.. here's how to replicate...

1. Pair you bluetooh

2. Make sure that its connected ( the bluetooth symbol is lit in the upper right hand corner of the iPhone interface)

3. Start Playing the music you'd like to listen to

4. Press HOME and then navigate to Visual Voice mail

5. In Visual Voicemail on the top right side there's an audio button allowing you to select iPhone, Speakerphone, or your bluetooth head set...

6. Select your bluetooth headset and voila! You're listening to the audio through your bluetooth!

I'm pretty sure this is mono, and unfortunately the music still continues to play through your iPhone's external speaker or earbuds ( whichever is connected ) Still thought it was pretty cool... I can see support added easily with a software update.

Impetuous

oooooohhhhh! yes it work for me too. also played through external speaker but still neat.

Foss

Sep 7, 2007
There is a method to replicate music through a bluetooth headset. Start playing a song. Go to Visual Voice Mail. Choose in Audio the Headset option. Problem is it plays it on the speaker as well, but works everytime. :laugh2:

dwest218

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
The Cerulean BT transmitter works with iPhone. I paired it with my car headunit to listen to music via BT 2.0 and it sounds great.
You can check out my vdeo I made and tell if it isn't what you want exactly1! Works Incredible and for $50 you can find it at the Oakey store. music is awesome!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u4pwtIz_xrw

Trust me this is the coolest thing you can do on the iPhone with music!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You can check out my vdeo I made and tell if it isn't what you want exactly1! Works Incredible and for $50 you can find it at the Oakey store. music is awesome!

Trust me this is the coolest thing you can do on the iPhone with music!
Can you control music playback with the headset button/controls?

--
Mike

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Can you control music playback with the headset button/controls?
Yes. It works with my Spyders. Pairing with the iPhone AND the iCombi adapter is a bit of a chore (or maybe I haven't figured out the sequence yet) but it works none too bad once it's done.

Well, sortof. One thing I don't like about BT in general (even with the Jawbone) is that when it's paired and I press that button to talk through the phone (instead of thorough the headsets), if there's a chance to switch back to bluetooth, the iPhone will take it. It's rather aggravating. Maybe this is a topic for another discussion. I'll ask about it when I get the time.