BlueAnt V1 vs. Jawbone 2

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm deciding on buying either of these headsets, can anyone advised which is better? Comfort and sound quality are most important! I have read posts where the Jawbone 2 is a pain to get to fit right and also read posts where the BlueAnt V1 doe snot work properly w/ the iPhone. HELP! Thanks...:laugh2:

werich44

Jul 15, 2008
I purchased a V1 about 3 weeks ago. I purchased it to use with my iPhone primarily because the iPhone as you know does not have voice dial capabilities. As far as comfort goes it is very comfortable and as long as you use the foam earpieces the voice volume is outstanding.
I have asked several friends how the headset sounds and I have never received a very good report on the received audio. The reports ranged from tinny to sounds like you are in a tunnel.
The voice dial feature works very well, probably about 95% accuracy.
The only other problem I have is sometimes I have trouble ending the call, it is suppose to disconnect automatically when the other party hangs up but sometimes it will not disconnect. You are suppose to be able to quickly press the center button twice and this action is suppose to disconnect the headset, but this also will sometimes not work so you have to pull the phone out and disconnect manually.
Sorry I do not have a Jawbone so I cannot give you a comparison. I am hoping Blueant will issue an update that address's some of these issues.
I am glad that I purchased the V1, but it does need some more tuning from Blueant.

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
Thanks for the info, sounds like the BlueAnt is a nice headphone but somewhat lacking in the sound quality dept. Please let me know if the software update fixes any of those bugs you were referring to, thanks again...

MRComment

Mar 23, 2009

wed_rider

Mar 5, 2010
I don't know much about jawbone. but I have used blueant. It is the worst device I have ever used. I bought it at the end of january. but I was disappointed after using it. it was not like the one I was thinking to be. I thought they would have improved the quality. They haven’t – the quality of the conversation above 60 is not good. I will soon return it.

steffin

Mar 6, 2010
I had bought the original blue ant about an year ago, wasn t impressed by the quality, lot of pain pairing them for bike to bike and one stop working after 2 weeks.... won t buy that cheap gadget in a near future....

predator

Mar 6, 2010
blueant is really not good
I got one of the new F4’s from Australia and I returned it. The voice quality at high speeds sucks. People I spoke to couldn’t hear me when traveling above 60

thelarster

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
Midland, MI
www.teamweideman.com
I just bought a Jawbone Icon Hero and cannot believe how much it rules. I've had the window down, radio on and the person on the other side still could hear me fine and actually didn't even know I was on a headset. It's pretty comfortable also, fits right in my hear so I have no issues hearing the other party.

They also just introduced MyTalk which is pretty neat. You can choose different voices for the headset to tell you when it's on, battery power, who's calling etc. There are some 3rd party apps too but I haven't tried them yet.

I'll never buy anything but a Jawbone after this experience.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have a Jawbone Prime and a Blueant Supertooth 3 speakerphone. Voice dial works with my Blueant speakerphone but I don't think it works on the headsets.

Why go with a Jawbone 2? I doubt an older one has better sound quality and noise cancellation than the Jawbone 3 Prime and the new Jawbone Icon.

May 7, 2010
I think Jawbone's hype online is exactly that. The noise collection I assume is the best on the market. I think it may be too good in most cases. A lot of times people told me that I cut out or it was hard to hear me when I was in quiet atmospheres. I only have used it in my car or my house.I'm using Jawbone2 and it is the best BT headset I had ever used! Have used several model SE, Jabra, Nokia and other brands and nothing compares with the Jawbone2 especially on noise reduction.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recently upgraded to a Jawbone Icon. It's the best bluetooth headset out there, IMO. Voice controls, noise cancelling and battery status notifications work great.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're comparing the BlueAnt to the first two Jawbone headsets, though. Since then, the Jawbone Prime and the Icon have been released. The Jawbone Prime brought significantly improved audio quaility. I upgraded from a Prime to an Icon because it had several features the Prime lacked.

The Jawbone Icon has voice controls, audio announcements for the remaining percentage of charge, a status bar bluetooth icon with a battery indicator and noise cancelation that is reported to be superior to any other Bluetooth headset on the market. I don't think the noise cancellation is "too good." Callers can hear me well, regardless if I'm at home or driving with all the windows down. I found the the volume on the Icon was higher than the Prime. Overall, I am very impressed with The Icon. 5/5.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I have also upgraded from a prime to an icon, and both are amazing!

I work in the construction field, so you can imagine how noisy it can get around me... I've never had anyone complain that they couldn't hear me. Everything about it is amazing....from the different types of earloops, to the different ways you can customize the software and voices. It will take a lot for me to change to another bluetooth!

Jawbone rocks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Cool, I didn't know you could customize the software and voices. I'll have to look into that.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
You sure can!

Connect your icon to your pc, and then run "my talk" in the jawbone website. Lots of cool voices that you can change to, and even different types of handsfree stuff you can also add to it, not to mention that you can change your Bluetooth to a2dp in "my talk".