Bluetooth A2DP in 3.0

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue that I'm having with A2DP over Bluetooth when listening to music.

I have a few stoppages from time to time, kinda like a CD skipping. However, the more frustrating and annoying problem is the "slowing down" of the song while listening to it! I am a musician, so I may be more attuned to this, but the actual pitch of the song goes DOWN! This makes me think that the song is slowing down. Possibly because of the BT connection?

I am using a Motorola S9-HD headset right now. Trying it out. Don't know that there's a better one out there for listening to music over Bluetooth.

Jun 18, 2009
I am also having problems with the stereo bluetooth. I played several mp3's through my AVIC D3 in-dash CD player and it skipped. Try playing an iTune. I played a new Green Day song that I bought from iTunes and it played flawlessly. I am guessing it is a software issue.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Yeah...this is happening on pretty much every song (the pitch problem or slowing problem). The skipping only happens on songs that I imported it seems like. I guess this will be patched in the future as well!

Jun 18, 2009
By imported you mean non-apple-itunes like mp3s? This is wonderful. Guess the cord stays plugged in for awhile. Least I can copy and paste now.

ctrob

Sep 30, 2007
The Slowing down is the battery getting low on the headphones I think. But I use Jabra BT620s and I'm not really having that problem. The problem is skipping and going to previous tracks. It seems every headset has that issue, because of a profile that Apple left out, so we shouldn't complain to the headset companies but to Apple.

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
sorry i know its off topic but the a2dp is only for 3Gs right?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Okay maybe I am stupid but I cannot get the A2DP to stream music to my bluetooth headset. I must be doing something wrong since others have it working. I am on a 16GB 3G running 3.0. I have my bluetooth headset synced with the phone and can make/receive calls over it fine. What steps do I need to take now to have the ipod program send through the headset? I have read all over the net and it says that I should see a bluetooth icon by the volume bar but I do not see that. Is that caused by my headset (Jabra) is not compatible?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Okay maybe I am stupid but I cannot get the A2DP to stream music to my bluetooth headset. I must be doing something wrong since others have it working. I am on a 16GB 3G running 3.0. I have my bluetooth headset synced with the phone and can make/receive calls over it fine. What steps do I need to take now to have the ipod program send through the headset? I have read all over the net and it says that I should see a bluetooth icon by the volume bar but I do not see that. Is that caused by my headset (Jabra) is not compatible?
Your bluetooth headset does not support A2DP. That's why you can't get it to stream music through it.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I told you I might be stupid and I was when it came to A2DP. I got three different A2DP headsets to try out and all 3 work. Thank you for the info.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
For those who get skipping or slowing of streaming music, I've read around the web and it seems that turning off several things on the iPhone 3G/S may help.
Turning off Wi-Fi, GPS or 3G or a combination of them may work.

For me, turning off the GPS seemed to work. If I want the GPS, I have to keep the iPhone really close to the headset. I have a way of mounting it near my shoulder when I carry my bag.

salmanilla

Sep 14, 2007
Does this mean that I will be able to stream my MP3 files to my Parrot 3200?