Bluetooth and 9.1 What's with this?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Zanthe, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

So I upgraded to iOS 9.1 and now every time I make a call from my phone in my car it comes up with the screen in the attachment while it trying to connect the call. Is this normal?

Why is it doing this? Once the call connects it disappears. Never did that before. Annoying.

BT.jpg

2. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

Mine does the same thing but it says UCONNECT as I have a Dodge Caravan. Not a big deal to me. The only thing I don't like is the lag between blue tooth and HEY SIRI.

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm still on 9.0.2.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm also on jailbroken 9.0.2. I don't get the connect screen except when I first pair the phone to my car.

6. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

I'm on 9.2 Beta 4, so the way BT connects to a car stays the same past 9.1

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Then what I'm hearing is that the connect screen is something that is just going to happen?

I re-paired the phone but that didn't change anything. You'd think after first connecting it would stop that.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What if you click on Hide? Does it only hide it for that one call?

9. Anthony Carver

Bronze

Is there any way to get iOS 9 on my iPhone 4, its not supporting on my device.

10. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

At least for me 'HIDE' will be an option each call ie it comes back every time a call out is initiated..it's possible different OEM car radios might be unique but this is a standard Hyundai radio set up (2014 Tucson) and my iOS 9.1 iPhone 6.... I'd never seen the 'option screen' discussed previously...(IOS7 or 8) & of course it's not a factor if the call is made directly from the radio control panel as phone would stay in my pocket or my wife would have hers in her purse...

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

If I remember right I used to get a similar prompt way back when using a Blackberry and a 3rd party Bluetooth hands free in an older vehicle. The Blackberry would ask if to use the handset or hands free when calling out. Same general idea....

12. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Yeah it only hides it for that call. The next call the connect screen comes up again. And if you do nothing, the call connects and the connect screen goes away. It's just so annoying.

I've been using my BT on my car for a year when I got my new ML350. Never had this problem until I upgraded to 9.1. Obviously a bug since there is no reason to have it behave like that. :mad:

13. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Or a subtle 'enhancement feature' - seems the trend is that many dialogue boxes which used to be simpler now show more options and choices (eg 'Reminders', or 'iOS Update Available') I wish some would show a prompt like a checkbox for 'Do Not Show Again......'