Bluetooth connecting iPhone 4 & iPad 2

1. 1Coog

1Coog New Member

Hello I have a new IPad 2 and an iPhone 4. Both have IOS 5, but I can't get them to connect Bluetooth to each other. Does anyone know how to make them pair?

Most attempts they do not even find each other, but will pick up devices close by say like in a parking lot (did not pair them though) lol

I want to transfer some things from one to the other with out having to go through my computer, that was on my phone previous to setting up iCloud.

As I understand it iCloud is from go forward when set up, and it goes off the cloud in 30 days, but what about things set up previous to setting up iCloud ie: pictures, notes, spreadsheets etc?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

If you can't get Bluetooth to work for you, there is a free app called Bump that let's you transfer photos, contacts, etc... Between devices.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor Bronze

Is there a known bug that I'm not coming across? I have the same issue with my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS. Won't even find each other.

5. 1Coog

1Coog New Member

Ty I have that app too have done a few with it so far, got one message once that said iPhone and iPad not compatable!? while trying the bluetooth that is...

6. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member Bronze

I use an app called iFiles.

It connects over Bluetooth or wifi. You don't have to pair them. Just have Bluetooth on and launch the app on both. Select your file(s) and hit share. It will find the other device. Select the device to send to then accept on the receiving device.

7. carterlinba

carterlinba New Member

I find it best to turn off wifi and personal hotspot on the iPhone first; then turn hotspot back on - it will ask if you want to turn wifi on or use bluetooth/usb only - selecting bluetooth/usb only will then force hotspot to be bluetooth only and your iPad will now happily pair with it.