Bluetooth Connection Reading New Mail?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
So I noticed this the other day and want to turn it off, but can't find anywhere to do this. I have my mail set to manual, not push. When I check my mail, all new messages (subject and from) are read through my Bluetooth connection. How do I disable this? It's quite annoying.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
What two devices are you connecting via Bluetooth to view your e-mail? Your iPhone 5 to what? Are you looking to turn off Bluetooth on the phone entirely? More specifics would help.

Sent from my iPad3

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
What two devices are you connecting via Bluetooth to view your e-mail? Your iPhone 5 to what? Are you looking to turn off Bluetooth on the phone entirely? More specifics would help.

Sent from my iPad3
No, I want to keep Bluetooth on. It's connecting to either a headset, car Bluetooth or speaker adapter. But, it's not the Bluetooth that's the problem. It's that it reads the emails. Is is a setting in email? I couldn't find it.

When I manually check my email, it reads the subject and who's it from. This never happened before on my iPhone 4. Must be something in iOS 6.1? Europa iPhonewarrior Could it be something in Mail Enhancer Pro in my JB?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I've never jail broke any of my phones so based on that I think my level of knowledge may not be of any use to help solve your problem. I do know that on my iPhone 5, when checking mail, the "From" and "Subject" fields are displayed for each e-mail listed and have been since I've had any of my iPhones starting with the 3G.

Good Lucy, I'm sure someone out there will be able to give you a good answer.

Sent from my iPad3

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Moved to Cydia apps. This is not a stock feature. You can toggle speech off in Mail Enhancer Pro here.

image.jpg

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Moved to Cydia apps. This is not a stock feature. You can toggle speech off in Mail Enhancer Pro here.
It's funny how jailbreak tweaks used daily become the "norm" and you forget it's not a stock feature. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

View attachment 29280
Thank you so much! I had everything except headphones toggled off. I just toggled Speech off at the top. Why bother keeping Speech on, if all of the toggles are off?