Bluetooth ear piece?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I remember him showing us the ear piece as an accessory but I was wondering if it is coming with the phone for free? I would hate to drop another $50 after already dropping $600 + Applecare money.

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
I'm almost certain you would have to buy it extra.

My question is does the bluetooth earpiece transmit music.. like can you listen to the iPod with it?
I'm pretty sure I can answer my own question with a 'no', lol. I haven't heard of any bluetooth earpieces that do that. :)

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I'm almost certain you would have to buy it extra.

My question is does the bluetooth earpiece transmit music.. like can you listen to the iPod with it?
I'm pretty sure I can answer my own question with a 'no', lol. I haven't heard of any bluetooth earpieces that do that. :)
I think it has more to do with the device paired with the bluetooth headset then the headset itself. With my current phone (Q-tek 9100) I am able to send all audio including music to the a bluetooth earpiece. The sound quality leaves a lot to be desired and it is only mono, but it adequate for audio books which is what I use it for. If you want to use it for music, I think you will only be satisfied with stereo headsets that use A2DP bluetooth profile. I expect the iPhone to support this profile, but have not heard anything official yet.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I also got the impression that both of the items Jobs talked about were add on accessories that you could buy separate. I hope that at least the headphones are included with the phone:mad:.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I have a good friend who is working on the manufacturing end for both the headset and the bluetooth headset. I can tell you exactly nothing about either of these because he can tell me nothing. :)

I once called him when we were both working in China to ask him which side of the iPhone the headset jack was located. He paused for a moment to think about it and then said, "Okay, um, I think it's okay to tell you that." :laugh2:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
lol. I know someone like that ^ they work for bethesda games in PA. Except im in "the know" I knew about ps3 oblivion far before anyone else and i posted about it online 'without giving details of whom I got it from' and no one believed me.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
lol. I know someone like that ^ they work for bethesda games in PA. Except im in "the know" I knew about ps3 oblivion far before anyone else and i posted about it online 'without giving details of whom I got it from' and no one believed me.
Do you have connections now with the iPhone? That's all I care about. :laugh2:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
iPhone will support bluetooth stereo earphones, but not sure about the single-ear communications piece.
What are you basing that on? Are you stating fact or opinion? It is important to differentiate between the two. There is enough mis-information out on the iPhone without adding to it.

AFAIK, there hasn't been an official announcement regarding stereo bluetooth headset support. I agree that the iPhone will most likely support the bluetooth A2DP profile, but that is only my guess.

Why do you think the iPhone may not support "single-ear" bluetooth headsets? Every phone that I know of that has bluetooth works with standard mono earpieces.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
What are you basing that on? Are you stating fact or opinion? It is important to differentiate between the two. There is enough mis-information out on the iPhone without adding to it.

AFAIK, there hasn't been an official announcement regarding stereo bluetooth headset support. I agree that the iPhone will most likely support the bluetooth A2DP profile, but that is only my guess.

Why do you think the iPhone may not support "single-ear" bluetooth headsets? Every phone that I know of that has bluetooth works with standard mono earpieces.
I thought A2DP meant that it would support stereo bluetooth headsets. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.:( Either way, it won't keep me from getting one.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I thought A2DP meant that it would support stereo bluetooth headsets. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.:( Either way, it won't keep me from getting one.
Yes that is exactly what the A2DP profile is for. I know bluetooth 2.0 supports the profile, but that doesn't mean Apple will include it. I would be amazed if they didn't support it though. I haven't seen anything official one way or the other. Have you?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes that is exactly what the A2DP profile is for. I know bluetooth 2.0 supports the profile, but that doesn't mean Apple will include it. I would be amazed if they didn't support it though. I haven't seen anything official one way or the other. Have you?
No, just what I've read here and seen on various links that have been posted.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
iPhone will support bluetooth stereo earphones, but not sure about the single-ear communications piece.
All of your posts have been filled with claims that haven't been stated by Cingular or Apple to this point. You need to stop saying stuff like "it will" about information of the phone.