Bluetooth for small ears

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by golfergirl13, Apr 23, 2009.

1. golfergirl13

golfergirl13 Member
    Bronze

I'm looking for a bluetooth that would fit my small ears. The jawbone is just too big for my ears. I have the motorola H700 and that thing falls off my ears. I heard the motorola H500 isn't that good. I looked at the bluetooth compatibility list thread and there's not a lot of selections for the bluetooth

Anyone have an recommendation for a bluetooth for small ears?

2. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I would recommend you just look for one of those BT that come with different size ear pieces. My Plantronics has that (cant think of the model).

3. aknightstale41

Gold

Ditto what Honda said..i have a plantronics as well, and it comes with multible size ear pieces...very comfortable in the ear, and it has a low profile look to it...btw, seeing as your into golf, i have a Q for you if i may ask...im a beginner and looking for clubs myself, does it matter at my stage of experience...or lack of, what kind of clubs i get?
    Thanks in advance.

4. golfergirl13

golfergirl13 Member
    Bronze

When I was a beginner, I got the cheapest clubs just to see if I would like it because golfing can be a very expensive sport. Once I realized I really like to golf, I bought a little bit more expensive clubs.

Also, when you start learning to golf, it might be best to golf at the 9-hole course first. If you start at the 18-hole course, you could become frustrated real quick. By the way, please before you go on the course, make sure you know about golf etiquette.

Well, I hope that helps.

Ok, back to the bluetooth. What kind of plantronics do you have?

5. aknightstale41

Gold

Thanks gg, very helpful, I will be getting my clubs at wallyworld then. and possibly a learning dvd on golf etiquette (I'm guessing etiquette has to do with things like no boomboxes blasting ACDC while teeing off. jk)
    I have the " plantronics discovery model" got it from the Apple store for 100 bucks. I believe it's about 6 or 8 hours talk time, very nice unit. I looked at the jawbone, but wearing that makes one look like a Borg from Star Trek. The discovery is so small nobody really notices it.

6. rbeforee

rbeforee New Member

little ears here too

I will be anxious to hear what you eventually select. I too have a problem with ear pieces flying off my little ears. I have never been able to use the buds that come with iPods/iPhones and feel left out of some of the cool toys out there. I do not think my ears are freakishly small ;) but even the small silicon covers do not resolve my issues so far on ear buds... for bluetooth I have been trying for "ages" to find one that feels secure. I only even bother with the type that includes an over-the-ear hook, but these too are designed for larger ears and do not line up with both the top of my ear and my ear canal. I am ready to resort to ear muffs to hold the unit to my head... maybe crochet different colors to match my outfits? That would be discrete.

PS I DID find the the BOSE ear buds small silicon stay in my ears fairly well, but this does not help me with my phone conversations.

7. golfergirl13

golfergirl13 Member
    Bronze

Well, I can cross off Plantronics discovery 925 off my list. I bought it earlier today and tried the small ear gel and the thing didn't even fit in my ear. So, I took it back.

8. teresafahey

teresafahey New Member

Looking for bluetooth for tiny ear canal, too. Has anyone found anything yet? There must be a manufacturer out there somewhere who has addressed this problem.(n)

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Don't forget Craigs List.