Bluetooth headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronak223, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ronak223

ronak223 New Member
    Bronze

I'm just wondering if anyone has found some decent bt headphones that are relatively cheap but still work well with the iPhone. Could anyone give me some suggestions

2. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Gold

Do you mean mono speaker or bi speaker.

ps i know a ronak what state are you from?

3. ronak223

ronak223 New Member
    Bronze

well I'm not sure of the differences between bi or mono but I'm just looking for a set of headphones I could use to listen to music with wirelessly and answer calls and stuff when i need to

And I live in Virginia :)

4. el31415

el31415 New Member
    Bronze

Bluetooth Headphone not compatible with iPhone
    iPhone only support the Bluetooth Headset
    for phone call only
    THANK YOU Apple !@#$

5. ronak223

ronak223 New Member
    Bronze

Wait so you're tellin me that we cant use bt headphones with iPhone? Are you sure about that?

6. brywithay

brywithay New Member

Yes, he is correct. I tried to use them. You can pair them and use them for calls but there is no way to use them for the ipod functions.

7. philipmw

philipmw New Member

No BT headphones

wuts up with that, I cant believe Apple missed this one. they should upgrade everyone to allow BT stereo headphones.

8. bsharp

bsharp New Member
    Bronze

Does anyone know if that is a software issue, a firmware issue or a hardware issue? That is, if it's a software or firmware problem, then a software or firmware update might enable compatibility with stereo headphones (if, say, Apple were to release some wireless stereo headphones).

Otherwise, it would require a new iPhone, right?

Thanks for your thoughts.

9. ronak223

ronak223 New Member
    Bronze

I'm pretty sure that all the different profiles can be enabled since the iPhone has bluetooth 2.0 so an update should be able to enable the different profiles that come with bluetooth.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The iPhone does not support A2DP which is needed for Bluetooth Stereo headphones to be used on the iPhone. To the best of my knowledge, this could be fixed via a firmware update.

-Chris

11. bsharp

bsharp New Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Chris.

I knew that it doesn't currently support Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, but never knew if that issue could be resolved without new hardware or not. Here's to hoping you're right about the firmware update possibility.

12. Audio

Audio New Member

My guess is Apple is making a pair of bt headphones. Then they will update the software acordingly.

13. kismoore

kismoore New Member

Hey Apple! Get it together!

So far, I stick with my Treo beCAUSE I can't use bluetooth, wireless, stereo headphones with an Apple iPhone. These posted questions are from last year. Is there a chance the situation has been fixed since then?

14. kismoore

kismoore New Member

15. m2pc

m2pc New Member

It looks like the iPhone still doesn't support A2DP but you can apparently use the JayBird bluetooth "dongle" plugged into the dock connector on the bottom of the iPhone to get stereo sound from it. But then you're going from "Digital > Analog > Digital > Analog" which is not as good as "Digital > Analog" with a native A2DP implementation.

Hopefully Apple will step up and provide a firmware update to support stereo Bluetooth in the future.

16. ishag

ishag New Member

I can tell you my personal experience working around Apples lack off a2dp on there iPhones.last December I bought a motorola motoroker s9 headphones and then found an adapter (dongle) on Oakley's website.it is an icombi Bluetooth adapter.with this combination I have been able to listen to my music ,or the audio from watching movies wherever I go.it's great at work,on the motorcycle or shopping and no wires to get I your way and everyone has no idea that I'm listening to music.if I get a phone call I can press the button on the ear peace and take the call,phone conversations only come in on the left side,and when I'm done with the conversation it continues where it left off.
    unfourtonitly I have lost the Bluetooth adapter,it is kinda small,but have recently ordered one I found called an infinxx ap23 dongle and hopefully it will be ariveing in the mail anyday.
    I know this might be more trouble for some but for me it's worth it until Apple decides to open up a2dp on there own,but until then I am very happy with this work around hope this helps.

17. azdick

azdick New Member

INFINXX AP23 doesn't work with iPhone

I bought an INFINXX AP23 and it is incompatible with my iPhone 3G (message on phone). Doesn't pass stereo to my Motorola S9. I got ripped off for $65.

18. ishag

ishag New Member

sorry to hear that.ive been reading reports about accessories that work with V1 but not 3G.i don't have the 3G model,and i still haven't recived my adapter yet but anyday now.

19. azdick

azdick New Member

good luck.

20. iLLGT2

iLLGT2 New Member
    Bronze

OMG I am so pissed LOL... I'm a gym freak and in my fitness mag I saw these headphones called iMuffs, usually i cant focus with music but recently have been trying it out, and I like lifting with music now!

SOO, after reading imuffs didn't work with the iPhone, some guy on another forum recommended the Sony DR-BT21iK's.. I bought them and they are pretty good, although the foam will get full of sweat and i'm just not too thrilled with them, it works though.

I am returning it and getting this Jaybird pair though, AWESOME!