Bluetooth help needed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tenashus

Jun 30, 2007
Has anyone been able to get their Sony bluetooth to work? When I turn on the bluetooth option on the iPhone, under Devices, it says Now Discoverable. However, it just keeps searching and searching for the device. My bluetooth is on, but it's not picking it up.

Any ideas?

The guy at A&T did say it would be compatible.

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Are you setting up the headset for pairing? Turning on the headset will not pair it with the phone. At least that's been my experience.

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
If your headset is in pairing mode and iPhone is in discoverable mode, it should pair. Bluetooth is bluetooth regardless of model. I even have a Blackberry specific headset and it connected to the iPhone. Maybe there's an issue with your phone?

tenashus

Jun 30, 2007
yeah, it sounds like something is up. There are other issues I'm having as well. Looks like I need to call Apple or AT&T.....whoever will help me.

Thank you for responding.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i have an LG bluetooth headset that will pair, but wont stay paired... kind of annoying.

i want to get a jawbone but i have no cash after friday!

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i have an LG bluetooth headset that will pair, but wont stay paired... kind of annoying.

i want to get a jawbone but i have no cash after friday!
I have a jabra jx10....works perfectly fine...paired up nicely. voicemail is the only feature i couldnt figure out how to get it in the headset...weird..i didn't try too hard on that subject though

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I have a jabra jx10....works perfectly fine...paired up nicely. voicemail is the only feature i couldnt figure out how to get it in the headset...weird..i didn't try too hard on that subject though
When you go to listen to VM on the iPhone, you need to select the audio output device first or it will default to the iPhone itself.

You do this on the VM screen using the AUDIO button top right, and then select the Headset option from the pop-up menu.

Would be useful if the iPhone did this for you when you have a BT headset, but maybe that's a 'feature' that still needs some work!

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Sony Ericsson BT headset will not be recognized. Bought this thing with my P910. Just another Apple scam to get me to buy their HS.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i have a sony ericsson hbh-662 that i bought to use with a p990 i had before. i paired it with my iPhone and it connects with no problem. however, i've noticed that the headset will disconnect periodically while i'm on a call for no identifiable reason. my jawbone headset does not do this, so there must be something about the sony headset that causes this, though i'm not sure what it is.

so, to answer your question, my sony ericsson headset does work, but it's not reliable. and there's definitely more static than with my jawbone headset.

lastsoft

Jul 29, 2007
"Incorrect pin code for computer"

I tried to connect my computer to iPhone
i setup my passcode in windows vista type it in my iPhone.
and allways get ...incorrect pincode for "computer"....
can anyone help.

CyberPower PC.
Intel Core 2 due t7200 2.0Ghz.
2 GB.
HD-Hitachi 160GB 7200rpm
Windows Vista Ultimate.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
The only thing you can connect to an iPhone
is a bluetooth HEADSET
that's all NOTHING else.