Bluetooth Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fv477, Aug 13, 2012.

1. fv477

fv477 New Member

Basic question. My vehicle currently the only device listed within my iPhone but whenever I sync my phone to my vehicle successfuly, the phone continues to search for additional devices which I assume is draining the battery to some degree. Is there any way to stop my phone from constantly searching.

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

In my case, my phone is paired to my car & to 2 in-home speaker devices for audio playback. A Bose unit in the bedroom & a Jabra unit that I use for audio while in the shower. My phone detects which of the paired systems is on & connects as needed. Otherwise, it merely sits in standby as ready to connect to these previously paired devices only. You can toggle off Bluetooth when away from the car to save your battery otherwise it is searching, that is, waiting to reconnect to your car. Your phone is not trying to pair with "strangers" unless you actively initiate a pairing sequence.
    YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

3. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Your iPhone quits Bluetooth discovery mode when you navigate away from that screen in the Settings app - there's nothing else you need to do.