Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Target, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm looking for an in-car speakerphone for my iPhone. What one do you use? I'm in the car a considerable amount of time and would like to hear and be heard without road noise.

What's your suggestions?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

2. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Really looking for advice on Bluetooth Speakerphone. Not just a speaker. But thanks for sharing your link.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Are wanting a true speaker or headset type?
    I use the plantronics voyager pro plus ( think that's the full name). It's an earpiece style but does work quite well.

4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I want a true speakerphone. I have a earpiece. It's a drag as I'm in and out 10-times a day. If I forget to turn it off then my phone connects while the car is in the garage and I have to make folks wait while I navigate to turn it off.

Motorola makes one that's auto on/off. Leaning towards that one.

Target

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Really dude? Poor attempt to peddle your neck cream.

Target

#5 Target, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks for posting. I'll look there when I'm ready to buy. What I'm really looking for is real life experience.

Target

7. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

A few years ago I briefly tested a Southwing Bluetooth car kit for a review (I think it was this one) and it worked pretty well. I didn't use it for a long period of time since my car already had Bluetooth built in. I know this is a few years old and may not be all that helpful for you but I at least wanted to point out that you may want to look for a kit that plugs into the cigarette lighter like that. That Southwing kit only worked when the car was running, which would avoid the problem you mentioned about your iPhone connecting when you were outside of the car. And, it avoids any issues with keeping the battery of the Bluetooth kit charged. Though it's not the most attractive set-up, it wasn't nearly as ugly as I was expecting though this may depend on where your cigarette lighter is placed.

8. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

A friend of mine has this one. She says the same as you. She loves it. I'm still holding out for the moto. But will research some more.

Thanks for sharing.

Target

#8 Target, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014