Bluetooth Intermittently Gargles - iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by lawtyger, Oct 22, 2011.

1. lawtyger

lawtyger New Member

After having no bluetooth issues with my previous iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, my new iPhone 4S seems to have issues. During a call, the person on the other end sounds garbled every so often (i.e. every 30 seconds or so).

It happens with both my Plantronics earpiece and my Acura TL's bluetooth. It also happens with my wife's earpiece. My old iPhone 4 and 3GS worked perfectly with this headset and the car and still do. Thus, it isn't related to the ear pieces or the car. The iPhone 4S is the only common denominator. Called Apple support who had no suggestions that applied - they basically could only read off a screen of troubleshooting applicable to pairing problems. This Bluetooth issue happens no matter where I am so it isn't related to a specific area like just my house either.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with these iPhone 4S?

2. kyleplusitunes

Silver

Could be the souls of enraged auto workers who gave rise to America's middle class tormenting you for contributing to the fall of America's economy for buying imports. This is the only explanation I can think of cause I just watched White Noise 2

3. lawtyger

lawtyger New Member

4. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Combine with Europa's thread?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep, I use Bluetooth a lot and I'm experiencing problems as well. I was able to temporarily fix the iPhone 4 Bluetooth problems by resetting all settings every few weeks, rebooting daily and toggling the audio source from Bluetooth to iPhone and then back to Bluetooth as needed during calls, but nothing seems to help on the 4S. My 3GS worked fine with Bluetooth. Hopefully, Apple will provide a Bluetooth bug fix in a firmware update.
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/bluetooth-headset-problems-on-the-iphone-4s.80905/

6. lawtyger

lawtyger New Member

Thanks, just found your thread.