Bluetooth iPad 2 Zagg Folio case & keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by ivantwilliams, May 2, 2012.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Finally, after about three weeks of waiting, I've received my Bluetooth iPad 2 Zagg Folio case & keyboard. I'm currently charging it, and will install and test it later...

Has anyone else tried this accessory? It seems to be the right size for sitting on a plane, and using that tiny 'behind the seat' table to type\work, etc.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Haven't used it. I've seen it advertised plenty. Looking forward to hearing your review.

I've got an HP TouchPad keyboard that's still in the box. That'll probably be my go to Bluetooth keyboard for now.

3. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I've used that one. Not a huge fan of the case part of it but the keyboard is easily may favorite I've seen on any keyboard case (have owned / tried out about 5 of them). Much roomier and nicer than any of the others, not even close.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I now have it installed, and working. It merely two 30 seconds or so...

I find it weird using it, only because I keep reaching for a mouse, as if I had one there to use - LOL

I suppose it is time to learn gestures!

The only real downside thus far, noticeably is the added weight...

5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Keep in mind the keyboard is detachable too - so you can always go with a lighter case and just throw the keyboard in a general laptop or messenger bag, as another option. Or use the keyboard with the iPad in a desktop stand.

6. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Good point, thanks Patrick.

PS: when you turn the keyboard on or off, the connection\disconnect it INSTANT!

I moved from the kitchen counter to the sofa. In the process I turned the keyboard off (I was about to put it away), and I received a notification to a forum post. I started to type using the keyboard, then realise that nothing was showing on the screen. I turned the keyboard on, and started typing immediately like nothing happened.

+1 for Zagg Folio :0

7. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Yeah, pretty seamless. Good product all round - just wish they went for a soft leather case like one Case-mate keyboard case I've got.

8. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I just looked at that Case-Mate one, and it look really 'soft'.

I do wish a company made a keyboard with the old school rubber pencil type mouse. While using my Zagg Folio keyboard, my right hand keeps looking for a mouse. Honestly...

9. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

...it is rather nice to respond posts\forums messages from my Zagg Folio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Braggart.

11. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Word! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I have just got the Zagg Folio Keyboard too, i still have my iPad2 which i am happy with at the moment and using this keyboard it is really good. I had a cheaper aluminium one before which i was fairly happy with but i wanted a more robust case for mine as i use my iPad at work, i am a lorry driver so things get thrown around a little. I also use my iPad now as a Sat Nav and i find it pretty easy to remove the iPad from the Zagg case to put into my windscreen mount. I am really happy with this case, they keyboard it definitely the best i have used so far!
    Nice one Zagg.

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

13. Axne1

Axne1 Member

Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk