Bluetooth is not working in unlocked iPhone

EddieBooM

May 25, 2008
I would like to say hi to all as this is my first post!

i bought an unlocked iPhone recently and i tried to activate the Bluetooth, but when i press the on button it keeps on searching! and it wont get activated! if anyone has a solution or idea would be much appriciated...thanks in advance.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I would like to say hi to all as this is my first post!

i bought an unlocked iPhone recently and i tried to activate the Bluetooth, but when i press the on button it keeps on searching! and it wont get activated! if anyone has a solution or idea would be much appriciated...thanks in advance.
Welcome to EIC. :)

Before you can use your bluetooth headset, you need to pair them first. Turn the bluetooth on your iPhone on first. Then, put your headset into discovery mode. The iPhone will detect the headset and ask you to enter a pairing pin number. Usually, 0000. Enter the pin and tap join.

In the future, turn the bluetooth on the iPhone on first. Then turn on the bluetooth headset. The two should pair normally.

syddel

Jan 26, 2009
Same problem

I have the same problem. I bought my iPhone 3G (16MB) from Italy. When I try to turn on Bluetooth, all I get is a stupid "Searching...", and that's it. It never gets past this, doesn't find any other discoverable Bluetooth devices, and can't be discovered by other Bluetooth devices.

I am really regretting the day I purchased this stupid "media player" (that's about all it amounts to - an overpriced media player that's good for YouTube and Internet browsing). Even my £70 Skype phone has a working Bluetooth stack - looks like I'm going to have to carry this around with me to make up for the defenciencies of the iPhone :oops:

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I have the same problem. I bought my iPhone 3G (16MB) from Italy. When I try to turn on Bluetooth, all I get is a stupid "Searching...", and that's it. It never gets past this, doesn't find any other discoverable Bluetooth devices, and can't be discovered by other Bluetooth devices.

I am really regretting the day I purchased this stupid "media player" (that's about all it amounts to - an overpriced media player that's good for YouTube and Internet browsing). Even my £70 Skype phone has a working Bluetooth stack - looks like I'm going to have to carry this around with me to make up for the defenciencies of the iPhone :oops:

what exactly are you trying to do here? are you trying to pair it with a bt headset?
or are you trying to transfer a file or something? is its the latter, i regret to inform you that the iPhone cannot do that. (at least not yet anyways)

syddel

Jan 26, 2009
Hi @Ezekiel2517, thank you very much for your prompt reply. No, I am not trying to pair with anything. I just want my Bluetooth device (ie. my computer) to be able to perform a Bluetooth Discovery operation, and detect my iPhone. I would also like my iPhone to be able to perform a standard Bluetooth Discovery operation and detect my computer. I'm writing an application that locks my computer when my registered Bluetooth device is out of range, and unlocks it when it comes back into range.

Last edited by a moderator: