Bluetooth is useless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lazarus, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus Member

hey is there any way we can get bluetooth to work like any regular cell phone? I mean you cannot send&receive nothing through bluetooth.
  2. cdodkin

cdodkin New Member

today - you're SOL

Maybe a future software update from Apple - who knows!

Info on this was available before the iPhone was released, but was not highly publicized.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Lazarus

Lazarus Member

obviously, it's a huge turn off. well will keep my fingers crossed
  5. cdodkin

cdodkin New Member

agreed - I seriously had to weigh-up loosing my BT InterNet connection for laptop when mobile against having the iPhone.

I figured the iPhone would do 80%+ of what I had used my laptop for in the past, and if the worse came to the worse, I'd go add a data card to my AT&T account for the laptop.

Haven't had to do it yet!
  6. PhatKid

PhatKid New Member

Yeah, that's super sucksville.
  7. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member

Yeah, and even using it as an earpiece for talking on the phone isn't that great, especially for $130. First of all, it's really dorky. Everyone makes fun of people using bluetooth. Second of all, what's so horrible about using the stock headphones? They have all the same functionality, sound in both ears, and who cares about one extra wire from your head to your pocket, it's not getting in the way or anything unless you're doing backflips or something...
  8. Kabeyun

Kabeyun Member

True, seeing someone talking to him/herself is bizarre until you notice the gizmo in their ear, but a quick look at sales numbers tells you immediately that plenty of people manage to overcome the stigma.

I agree that when walkiing down the street the headphones are fine and perhaps preferable (I love the butting in the cord!), but driving is another matter. In many states it's actually illegal to drive with a two-ear headset on, and laws that prohibit cell phone use without a handsfree device are spreading. (And, forgetting about the law, executing a downshift turn in a manual transmission while using one hand is really hard... and unsafe!) I prefer BT to avoid the wire stretching from my iPhone holder to my head.

-K