Bluetooth-Jaguar and other cars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baraf, Jul 5, 2007.

1. baraf

baraf New Member

I got the phone to sync with a 2006 Jaguar S-type.

Unfortunately I can't get the address book to sync up.

I've followed the Jaguar instructions and the Jaguar is discoverable on the iPhone.

Has anyone else synched up their address book with the Jaguar or another car?

Please advise and share your experiences.
  2. edoates

edoates New Member

My experience with the Jaguar XK (2007) is worse: it doesn't seem to detect the iPhone at all. It worked fine with my old Razr V3; and the iPhone works perfectly with my 2006 Lexus RX400h (but with no ability in the iPhone to send single address book entries which the Lexus needs), and 2007 BMW 328ix.

EddieO
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. patajim

patajim New Member

Bluetooth

Do you have the latest Jag bluetooth version? Any luck with the address book?
  5. billku

billku New Member

My iPhone did send the address book to the car, but it's pretty messed up. It lists "MN" after every number (for "mobile number") and only includes the first eight letters or so of every name, so the numbers are hard to distinguish. It did, though, list my favorites in the first twenty numerical spots, so it's doing something right.
  6. johnp

johnp New Member

I've just brought a 3G and I'm having the same problem - can't sync the contacts list with the car phone. Did you solve the problem?
  7. alint1998

alint1998 New Member

Here is a work around solution- take the sim card out of your iPhone put it in another phone ie Razr V3 transfer the address book. Then put the sim card back into the iPhone then sync, the address book will be there. Worked with my 05 Jag XJ & iPhone 3g