Bluetooth on Discoverable

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
I can't get a straight answer from Apple on this...If you turn on the BT function, does it constantly stay in discover mode even when you exit the screen. If so, that must drain the battery. I would much prefer leave it on and just turn on/off the BT piece itself than go through the cumbersome process of turning it off on the phone when you use it. But if it stays in discover mode, it ain't worth it I suppose.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
no ideas?

filler...

Hmm .. im not sure if this is true or not .. but i have noticed that if bluetooth is on .. its not constantly on discoverable mode ... if your in the bluetooth menu ... it seems to search at that time for devices ...

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Hmm .. im not sure if this is true or not .. but i have noticed that if bluetooth is on .. its not constantly on discoverable mode ... if your in the bluetooth menu ... it seems to search at that time for devices ...
Do you keep BT on constantly on your iPhone(even when your BT piece is off), and if so, does it drain the battery quicker?

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
when you are in the BT screen in settings, then the iPhone is discoverable. otherwise it's not discoverable.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
when you are in the BT screen in settings, then the iPhone is discoverable. otherwise it's not discoverable.
I leave my iPhone BT on 24/7. I have UConnect in my Jeep and when I get within 30 feet of the Jeep the iPhone is paired up with the BT.

I

iphone

İ think it is meaningless to keep the BT on. İt does'nt work anyway. Or does it?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
İ think it is meaningless to keep the BT on. İt does'nt work anyway. Or does it?
huh? It works just fine, but is only restricted to headsets. i Mean I can connect to my iPhone with my PC, but I cannot do anything after that.