Bluetooth Problems in 1.1.3 - Nuvi disconnecting

tj911t

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Has anyone heard of a fix (or workaround) for the iPhone 1.1.3 bluetooth problem that disconnects/reconnects bluetooth to a Garmin Nuvi GPS? I have done some searching but have not seen a practical fix for this problem. I have had 1.1.3 installed for about a week an a half and did not have any problems until yesterday. Now, my nuvi 360 and iPhone go into a cycle where they disconnect and try to reconnect every 30 seconds or so which makes it unusable. The general consensus I have seen is that it is a bug in 1.1.3 (not the nuvi firmware). One of the fixes is to restore back to 1.1.2 but I would like to stay with 1.1.3 if possible. -- thanks!

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Has anyone heard of a fix (or workaround) for the iPhone 1.1.3 bluetooth problem that disconnects/reconnects bluetooth to a Garmin Nuvi GPS? I have done some searching but have not seen a practical fix for this problem. I have had 1.1.3 installed for about a week an a half and did not have any problems until yesterday. Now, my nuvi 360 and iPhone go into a cycle where they disconnect and try to reconnect every 30 seconds or so which makes it unusable. The general consensus I have seen is that it is a bug in 1.1.3 (not the nuvi firmware). One of the fixes is to restore back to 1.1.2 but I would like to stay with 1.1.3 if possible. -- thanks!

Fix is here, by copying the 1.1.2 bluetooth control files to 1.1.3 iPhone.

http://www.ohpedia.com/2008/02/14/f...luetooth-carkits-and-some-bluetooth-headsets/

tj911t

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Fix is here, by copying the 1.1.2 bluetooth control files to 1.1.3 iPhone.

http://www.ohpedia.com/2008/02/14/f...luetooth-carkits-and-some-bluetooth-headsets/

Thanks, I just saw the same thing on an Apple forum and am thinking of giving it a try. Has anyone done this yet and had success? I have been messing around with different ways turn bluetooth on/off, and re-pair my nuvi and I now have it working again? I guess I will continue until it starts the on/off stuff again and then try the 1.1.2 copy you suggest above.

tj911t

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Bluetooth Fix Works!

My 1.1.3 Dev Team jailbroken phone started doing the disconnect/re-connect every 30 seconds problem again so I tried the fix mentioned above and it works great! I used winSCP to do the copying and it went fast. Now my iPhone and nuvi 360 connect automatically whenever I am in the car without a problem (like it should be). It is hard to believe that Apple would have broken the bluetooth so much between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3? I have not seen anything that states what is even fixed or different in the bluetooth in 1.1.3. As for me, I am staying at 1.1.2 bluetooth.

It sure is pretty cool that the iPhone forum community have been able to improve and fix so many issues without help from Apple. Good thing the iPhone is basically Unix underneath... Thanks again for your help.