Bluetooth Questions..

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Does the iPhone bluetooth only work with headsets? My daughter has a Motorola something or other and with my son, they can send pictures, contact info etc to each others phones, even though they are differant brands and carriers. My iPhone doesn't see either of their phones, and in fact, it doesn't see my wifes iPhone either! What gives?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah the only Profiles available on the iPhone are Hands Free and Headset. The stacks are their, meaning, hardware wise it's possible, but Apple has not put out the software. I can see AT&T getting mad because then we would have unlimited internet on our laptop so of course they don't want that. I don't understand why Apple didn't release the A2DP profile. This allows streaming music!
:sick::sick::sick::sick::mad::mad:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah the only Profiles available on the iPhone are Hands Free and Headset. The stacks are their, meaning, hardware wise it's possible, but Apple has not put out the software. I can see AT&T getting mad because then we would have unlimited internet on our laptop so of course they don't want that. I don't understand why Apple didn't release the A2DP profile. This allows streaming music!
:sick::sick::sick::sick::mad::mad:
And two-channel stereo!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
And two-channel stereo!
What you want is A2DP not just stereo. The sound quality of headset profile on bkuetooth SUCKS! A2DP is dedicated for quality sound. I have an adapter for the iPhone that will do A2DP so I have a Bluetooth stern headset now that will both answer calls and play music all with now wires. Very cool and usefull.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi guys am I getting you correctly the iPhone has the hardware but not the software profile?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hi guys am I getting you correctly the iPhone has the hardware but not the software profile?
Correct and the problem is that an app can't fix this because it has to be within the OS. I know, it sucks.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Correct and the problem is that an app can't fix this because it has to be within the OS. I know, it sucks.
Yeah but at least now I live in hope