Bluetooth Rant

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Hondamaker, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

What's the point of having the option to enable/disable B/T in Control Center if I still have to go into Settings and choose the B/T speakers I want to use? It's aggravating!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

People mainly use control center to disable things quicker.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Yeah, I know, but I would just like to quickly enable it, then turn on my speakers and play music. It shouldn't be that difficult. Not that it's very difficult, but you get my drift.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I never use that toggle, but I just tested it and it works great for me. I toggled it off and my Bluetooth headset disconnected. Then I toggled it back on and Bluetooth was active on the phone but the headset did not automatically connect, which is fine because I just had to press the talk button on the headset to get it to connect. I didn't have to go into Settings at all.

The way I normally do it is with the power switch on the headset. Turning it on automatically connects it to the phone. Have you tried it that way? That's the easiest for me.

5. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

yes I'm having no issue with my JBL speaker. Toggle Bluetooth from on to off and then power up my speaker and it automatically connected. No need to go into settings at all. I think, not positive, that the speaker doesn't continuously look for a connection. You have to connect or sync to it, from the speaker.

6. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

Off to on I meant.

7. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Mine always connects with the toggle no problem. I have two different speakers and my car head unit, and it connects automatically to all of them.

8. snowtrooper1966

Gold

The toggle works all the time for my Bluetooth bridge on my Denon amp in the house.

It's hit and miss for the Pioneer head unit in my Jeep, and if it is powerd on before the toggle is activated in the iPhone, I have to go into settings to connect....

9. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I don't have a problem with it connecting to my ear piece, just my B/T speakers. Do you keep your B/T on all the time?

10. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I'll try that. I usually turn on the speaker first, then the toggle.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I turn it off at night and sometimes a couple times throughout the day.

12. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

That's the way it was with the u-connect factory radio in my old patriot but the newer version connects super fast and even if I enable it after the car has been on

13. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I've noticed if I have Bluetooth on both my iPad and phone at the same time and connect my LG tones it may connect to the wrong device. Wrong as in the one I don't wanna use

14. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Dem's the breaks as I see it. I have a Bose Soundlink. If I turn it on, it will connect to either my 5S or my iPad unless I'm careful enough to disable Bluetooth on the device from which I don't want to stream at the moment. These "machines" can't be expected to read our minds.
    YMMV

15. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

OK, I turned the toggle on in the control center, then I turned the speaker on. After a few seconds it connected. It works like this consistently. Thanks!

16. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

I don't really understand why my iPhone 6plus easily connects to Bluetooth earpiece and speakers but is extremely difficult, in fact almost impossible to connect to my MacBook Pro. Hotspot is disabled and I've tried all tricks but cannot connect. It appears impossible to connect two iPhones through Bluetooth. But I was not expecting this for a MacBook-iPhone connection.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What are you trying to achieve by connecting your phone to the MBP via Bluetooth? I don't think it's supported for file transfer. There are faster methods for transferring files.

You can connect two iPhones via Bluetooth with iFile if you jailbreak, but it's not supported on stock iPhones.

18. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Does your configuration and update status of both the iPhone and the Macbook support Airdrop?? If and when it works it works well and quickly, 'using' Bluetooth but not requiring 'pairing' per-se......

19. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

I have had difficulties paring my MacBook Pro with my iPhone 6+. After pairing I find it just impossible to have the 2 connected so that I may transfer files. Any tips, help?
    Thank you in advance good people out there

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Use AirDrop.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106