Bluetooth Stero Earphones - Compatible?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I just recently purchased the Motorola MotorokrS9, a nice set of workout bluetooth stereo headphones. Thought this would be a match made in heaven with my iPhone and this great headset. I paired it fine. Works great with the phone function, but will not stream the IPod music to the headphones. I went on Motorola's website and read that one must use a phone that has a "Bluetooth Stereo Profile (A2DP)."
Does the iPhone not have this?
Is there anyway to get this to work because these are really nice headphones.
Lastly, if it is impossible to get these to work, does anyone know of another bluetooth headset that would be compatible.
Thanks.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just recently purchased the Motorola MotorokrS9, a nice set of workout bluetooth stereo headphones. Thought this would be a match made in heaven with my iPhone and this great headset. I paired it fine. Works great with the phone function, but will not stream the IPod music to the headphones. I went on Motorola's website and read that one must use a phone that has a "Bluetooth Stereo Profile (A2DP)."
Does the iPhone not have this?
Is there anyway to get this to work because these are really nice headphones.
Lastly, if it is impossible to get these to work, does anyone know of another bluetooth headset that would be compatible.
Thanks.
This has been covered a gazillion times in other threads on this site. No, the MotorokrS9's won't stream music to the iPhone unless you buy a bluetooth adapter (approx. $50) that plugs into the port on the bottom of the iPhone. Currently, the iPhone does not have A2DP. Some of us here, though, are hoping for a software/firmware update that might enable it someday in the future.

jcelia1551

Jun 30, 2007
the ipod adapter works well

Ok well hope this is good news for all i bought a pair of oakley orokors and they work with the bluetooth as for hearing the ipod on the glasses it is possible with a thing called the icombi its avaible at okaleys website that part is 49.00 and the glasses are 249.00 but it controls the ipod fuction it lets you play and pause and reservand forward this is the bomb it works i have it i used it all day on a full charge on the glasses lasted about 8hrs i used booth bluetooth and ipod and it does not drain the iPhone anymore then regular use.

dwest218

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Ok well hope this is good news for all i bought a pair of oakley orokors and they work with the bluetooth as for hearing the ipod on the glasses it is possible with a thing called the icombi its avaible at okaleys website that part is 49.00 and the glasses are 249.00 but it controls the ipod fuction it lets you play and pause and reservand forward this is the bomb it works i have it i used it all day on a full charge on the glasses lasted about 8hrs i used booth bluetooth and ipod and it does not drain the iPhone anymore then regular use.

See the website and your dreams will coe true for A2dp on a wireless headset. and the iPhone! PRomise!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u4pwtIz_xrw