Bluetooth using A2DP...DOES IT LET YOU USE DEIVCE'S CONTROLS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I am putting a parrot into my car and I am getting a bluetooth adapter to stream the music from my iPhone to it....when I do this, does anyone know if I can use the parrot to control the music from the iPhone or will I still have to use the iPhone to control the music, which would be pointless...God I HOPE it lets you use the parrot to control such as fast/forward/play/pause...or I made a big mistake

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
the iPhone's bluetooth does not include the stereo A2DP profile, so you won't be able to stream stereo audio using your parrot kit or anything else. sorry to burst your bubble... :(
no but I have bought the icombi adapter...so it should work according to others in this forum

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
no but I have bought the icombi adapter...so it should work according to others in this forum
ah, you didn't mention the adapter in your first post. i don't have any experience with the parrot kit - hope you can get this to work the way you want to! i'm spoiled by the bluetooth and oem ipod adapter kit in my car - i never listen to the radio anymore unless i want to hear traffic or news, and never worry about missing calls...

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
ah, you didn't mention the adapter in your first post. i don't have any experience with the parrot kit - hope you can get this to work the way you want to! i'm spoiled by the bluetooth and oem ipod adapter kit in my car - i never listen to the radio anymore unless i want to hear traffic or news, and never worry about missing calls...
yes sorry I should have been more specific but I'm a little nervous because this is my kids one christmas present and I want it to work! So do you have an adapter such as the icombi or does anyone else know if this allows you to use the buttons from the parrot/ or any bluetooth device, to control the music? THANKS

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
yes sorry I should have been more specific but I'm a little nervous because this is my kids one christmas present and I want it to work! So do you have an adapter such as the icombi or does anyone else know if this allows you to use the buttons from the parrot/ or any bluetooth device, to control the music? THANKS
what a great gift for your kid to help him/her drive more safely with a hands-free phone system!

the bluetooth system in my car is built-in, and the ipod kit is a separate, but still oem, system. i plug my iPhone into the ipod kit through the dock connector to listen to music and can control playback through the stereo and steering wheel controls. when a call comes in, the bluetooth system fades the music out and i can see who's calling on the stereo screen and answer via the steering wheel controls. i love it - and to think i almost passed on the bluetooth system when i was car shopping...

i wish i could help - i have a friend who has a parrot car kit, but he's in another state and doesn't have an iPhone, so can't help you troubleshoot what might work...

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
what a great gift for your kid to help him/her drive more safely with a hands-free phone system!

the bluetooth system in my car is built-in, and the ipod kit is a separate, but still oem, system. i plug my iPhone into the ipod kit through the dock connector to listen to music and can control playback through the stereo and steering wheel controls. when a call comes in, the bluetooth system fades the music out and i can see who's calling on the stereo screen and answer via the steering wheel controls. i love it - and to think i almost passed on the bluetooth system when i was car shopping...

i wish i could help - i have a friend who has a parrot car kit, but he's in another state and doesn't have an iPhone, so can't help you troubleshoot what might work...
Does anyone else have a parrot or have an icombi or any iPhone adapter that does A2DP and know if it will allow the other bluetooth device to control it? It says Supports Bluetooth 1.2, A2DP and AVRCP profiles, is AVRCP the ability to control with the bluetooth device, please help ASAP, THANKS