Bluetooth video lip sync

Riderdoc

Oct 2, 2008
I've been using Sony bluetooth headphones with Sony ipod adapter on my ipod for a long time, and now that I've got an iPhone I like the idea of watching music videos while running on a treadmill with iPhone in front of me, and using wireless bluetooth headset. Same goes for the movies and youtube. Unfortunately, there is this delay in audio encoding making bluetooth stereo with video basically unusable. I was wondering if there is a software which compensates for this delay and allows lip sync. Or it's just wishful thinking.

lsteiner

Jul 21, 2009
I am having the same issue. I wonder if this will be fixed in version 3.1. I am sure it is a common problem with all video/voiice over bluetooth no matter which bluetooth stereo headset is used.

I've been using Sony bluetooth headphones with Sony ipod adapter on my ipod for a long time, and now that I've got an iPhone I like the idea of watching music videos while running on a treadmill with iPhone in front of me, and using wireless bluetooth headset. Same goes for the movies and youtube. Unfortunately, there is this delay in audio encoding making bluetooth stereo with video basically unusable. I was wondering if there is a software which compensates for this delay and allows lip sync. Or it's just wishful thinking.

gadgeTT

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
www.twikiland.org
I reported this issue to Apple during the 3.0 beta process. This issue has been persistent in all betas for iPhone 3.0 and remains in 3.0 RC as well as the beta for 3.1. I will say that it appears to be dependent on the situation. If the phone is unlocked prior to turning on the BT headphones, then a/v sync appears to be OK. If anything disrupts the playback (call coming in, switching out of the video and back, etc.) then the a/v goes out of sync to varying degrees. I agree that this is annoying, but it is not unknown to Apple.

lsteiner

Jul 21, 2009
I would think that Apple, knowing this issue which makes watching any type of video podcast, movie, music video, etc pretty much unusable using a Bluetooth headset would be working on a fix to be included in 3.1. This bug is very unlike Apple, which prides itself on not releasing new functionality on the iPhone without first making sure that these type of bugs do not exist. Is Apple getting too much like Microsoft in this case?

I reported this issue to Apple during the 3.0 beta process. This issue has been persistent in all betas for iPhone 3.0 and remains in 3.0 RC as well as the beta for 3.1. I will say that it appears to be dependent on the situation. If the phone is unlocked prior to turning on the BT headphones, then a/v sync appears to be OK. If anything disrupts the playback (call coming in, switching out of the video and back, etc.) then the a/v goes out of sync to varying degrees. I agree that this is annoying, but it is not unknown to Apple.