Bluetooth Watch Compatible with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by the watcher, Jul 12, 2010.

1. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

Anyone know of any bluetooth watch that is compatible with the iPhone 4?

I can't bring myself to buying another watch until it has everything I wish a watch had:
    * Bluetooth connection with my iPhone to show caller-id
    * Ability to decline the call
    * Show incoming text message
    * Vibrate mode
    This is something i have been trying to find since the first iPhone....As popular as the iPhones been i figured someone would try to make some money off this this idea, there is a market for this technology

2. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

This product seems kind of odd to me in terms of usability and practicality. For one, bluetooth pretty much needs a clear path to the device and can sometimes be interrupted by the body itself as in the interference that often happens when you're listening to your bluetooth headset when your phone is deep in your back pockets. Now, unless the signal is far stronger than regular bluetooth headsets, I can't see this product taking off as a solid consumer need. I haven't worn a watch in over a decade and I feel no need to change now.

I just use my phone to find out what time it is and I'm sure many other people do, too. I just can't see the need for two devices - a phone to be able to sync the bluetooth to, and the bluetooth watch itself. If you can tell me any other reason or need for it's usage then maybe I'll change my mind. :D

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

Well this is not for everyone but for the one's thats interested in something like this it makes perfect since
    if you are in a businesss meeting you can interact with your iPhone without interrupting the meeting and if i'm driving i can see who is texting me or calling with out reaching into my pocket while driving and also it just have a cool factor that i like and there's many more use that will make life convenient, and at the end of the day that what everyone wants convenience

5. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Oh okay... I could see pulling the slick move of checking the watch for text messages or calls since looking at your phone during meetings is "frowned upon". (I hate meetings!) Yeah, I can see the viability of it, especially if you can actually read your text messages from it as I understand some of those bluetooth watches are able to do.

But are there any reviews on those watches from a user persepctive as regards bodily interference, especially when their in a pocket?

6. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Member
    Bronze

I got the Sony MBW150 but it only works on blackberry, Android, wm, anything but iPhone lol.

7. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

Hey maybe with the new ISO 4.1 update that is coming out the SONY MBW150 might be compatible ........fingers cross

8. ncrunnergirl

ncrunnergirl New Member

nope still doesn't work

I have a Sony Ericsson ladies' MBW-200 that worked fab on my windows 6.5 phone. It doesn't work at all with the iPhone 4, even with the 4.1 upd. Too bad I really liked it. Now I just use it as a plain watch *yawn*

9. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

I'm so sad to here that......Well i'll just keep searching, we have full bluetooth now so its just a matter of time . hopefully someone is working on this as we speak

10. balisongflipper

Bronze

11. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

that is in not what i'm looking for.......i'm looking for just a watch the will aleart me of phone calls, text or email and also control my music

12. balisongflipper

Bronze

Check through a couple of pages. I see several that match what you are looking for. I even saw one with a vibrate feature.

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Watcher and The Watcher, thank you for having a conversation like this. I just today realized that you were two different people.

[<---- slow]

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

<pats Dave on top of head>

15. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

Ok the one with the vibrate feature is cool.....now time to find out if it will work with the iPhone ios 4.1
    thanks for the heads up

16. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

LOL...were very different, but we are the same when it comes to the iPhone

17. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Now THAT's funny! :)

18. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

19. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Cool idea though, I'd probably be interested in one myself. Let me know if you find something!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

20. MainemannAK

MainemannAK New Member