Bluetooth Woes....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Ok, so me and my boss were messing around with the bluetooth stuff, and we got his phone paired to mine, but it FAILS at sending anything to mine, and no other device EVER shows up on my bluetooth screen, after "Searching...."

Does anyone else have this problem? Do your phones ever show any other ppl's devices on your "Devices" list, when it's "Searching.." ?

remix2112

Apr 9, 2007
Atlanta
I have not gotten the Bluetooth to do anything yet, and I have a Nokia, Mac G4 desktop, and a 13" MacBook in the room! I am going to stop by the Apple store tonight to look at accessories and see if they can shed any light on the BT feature's 'blindness'

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
As far as I know the only thing the bluetooth works for is the headset and car units.

You can't send to pcs,macs or other phones or mobile devices. There is no functionality for that.

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I walked around best buy today and walked past the printers and all-in-ones that do bluetooth and my iPhone didn't pick up on any of them...maybe it can't I dunno

w7ox

Jul 25, 2007
Mine linked with a friend's Parrot CK3100 in his car the other day.

Didn't fully test it, but at least it did find it.

I ordered the Parrot MINIKIT .. but returned it when Parrot support told me that it was incompatible with the iPhone. Went for that unit because it did not require any wiring to install, like their other units.

Not sure what I'll try next: maybe a GPSR like the Nuvi 680.

Phil

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have a bluetooth adapter for my PC at home and I can see my iPhone and they pair up, ...but that's it.
Since file transfer is unavailable, and iTunes does not support any other connection other than the cable, it's basically pointless.