Bluetooth won't connect even after restoring iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Headset / Brand,or is it a Vehicle? Could be a bad headset if that's what you're trying to pair it too. Followed pairing directions correctly for the device & the silly question... BT turned on?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Have you tried pairing with another Bluetooth device? That would determine if the phone is capable or is not working. Alternatively, you could try pairing the device with another phone. Either of these will help you to determine if it is the device or the phone at fault.

Arsenal

Nov 11, 2010
I am trying to connect to a stereo Bluetooth. Also I can't delete previous connections.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Have you tried a hard reset of the phone yet? Have you connected the stereo bluetooth with this phone before? Not being able to either connect a device or delete old connections sounds like it may be time for a hard reset or restore from backup. Let us know when you find a solution.

Sent using my iPhone 5

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am trying to connect to a stereo Bluetooth. Also I can't delete previous connections.

Sent using iCafe app
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Device > Forget this device. Then pair it again. If it won't pair, reset the Bluetooth stereo to factory settings and try again.

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Device > Forget this device. Then pair it again. If it won't pair, reset the Bluetooth stereo to factory settings and try again.
I'm having Bluetooth issue with my iPhone 5 as well. In fact it won't even let me forget any of my Bluetooth connections.

I have a Pebble and BT headset that I can no longer pair.

Don't want to hard reset as I don't want to lose my jailbreak! Thoughts!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm having Bluetooth issue with my iPhone 5 as well. In fact it won't even let me forget any of my Bluetooth connections.

I have a Pebble and BT headset that I can no longer pair.

Don't want to hard reset as I don't want to lose my jailbreak! Thoughts!
Boot into safe mode and then you'll be able to forget the Bluetooth device. You can use SBSettings to boot into safe mode if you have it installed. SBSettings > Power > Safe Mode.
If you don't have SBSettings, you can boot into safe mode by pressing the volume up button while booting. Then reboot after you forget the device and the phone will go back into regular mode.

Rgn

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 29, 2013
I have a bluetooth headset that took a while to figure out. Check to see if there is an iPhone application. the bluetooth headset I have connected to my old Blackberry Torch right away but I read the pamphlet that comes with it and there was an application for Android and iPhones.