Bluetooth won't connect to other phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LG85, Sep 25, 2011.

1. LG85

LG85 New Member

Hey, can anyone tell me if their Bluetooth works on their iPhone? I am never able to connect to other phones and it's annoying.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, it works for me. Which app are you using? You can use Bump (or a similar app) to transfer photos and contact information, but you'll have to jailbreak if you want to transfer music and videos.

3. LG85

LG85 New Member

Yeah I know of those apps but I mean bluetooth connection to other phones like my blackberry ?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. LG85

LG85 New Member

Ok thanks for the advice, I'll try it

6. Beckski

Beckski New Member

My bluetooth doesn't work either ... What's the cause of this? And what is the fix? I don't want an app to fix a problem in the phone?
    I have an updated iPhone 4

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What type of Bluetooth problems are you experiencing?

8. Beckski

Beckski New Member

The iPhone cannot see other devices when the devices's bluetooth is turned on

9. dbreowning

dbreowning New Member

same here! I was a foot away from my granddaughter's iPhone and it kept searching and then finally said it found no other devices (or something like that). Bluetooth was turned on on both iPhone 4's

10. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

The cause is that Apple, for some reason, doesn't want the iPhone to play nice with other devices. Pretty simple.

11. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm not completely sure what Bluetooth is for, other than my handsfree phone headsets; and those paired with no problems, like every other phone. What else does it do?

12. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

The bluetooth on iPhone wasn't meant to work with other devices, it's meant to work only on headsets. I use it to connect my SUV build in bluetooth and play musics.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Wirelessly connecting to other phones to transfer data and media (see post #2 and 4), sharing the phone's 3G connection with other computers (tethering), and playing music through a Bluetooh-enabled sound system.

14. Beckski

Beckski New Member

So no solution? Just a function that doesn't work?

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're trying to connect to other Apple devices, right? Which app are you using to connect to them?

16. Beckski

Beckski New Member

Yep - two iPhone 4 .. And: No app! The two devices just wont see one another in 'settings' while Bluetooth is on on both phones.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It doesn't work that way. You can't connect to another iPhone through the Settings app. You'll need to use a third party app like Bump. There are limitations on the types of files you can transfer if the phone is stock.

If your phone is jailbroken, you can connect directly to the other iPhone with the iFile app (available in Cydia) and there won't be any limitations with the types of files that you can transfer.

18. John07524

John07524 New Member

Will any Bluetooth play music with iOS 5? I bought 6 of them in the last 3 weeks but they didn't work.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. The Bluetooth headset must be A2DP-enabled. The Jawbone ICON and ERA will both work.

20. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I have the Bose Bluetooth Series 2 and works great! My roommate uses his with the iPhone 4 and I use mine with the 4S and woks and feels great! GPS, radio, any app I have tried, we are very happy with it. I decided to mention about it in case other people haven't tried it yet : )