Body GLove Headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 11, 2007
I finally found a substitute for the Apple Earbuds. You don't have to spend the $100 for the V-Moda's either. At my local Best Buy there is a Body Glove brand EARGLOVE SPORT STEREO HEADSET. On the box it says compatiable with iPhone. I didn't believe them so they opened it and sure enough a little adapter that comes with the headphones fits perfectly. You can fit 2.5 or 3.5.

The button has the same function as the Apple button. They are on sale for $33. Sound quality is great. I don't have Bose or anything to compare them to but definitely better than the Apple buds.

This set has the fabric style cords so it doesn't tangle. These are not located with all the other headphones but with the cellphone headphones. The come with 3 different sized buds, and over the ear pieces if you want, or taken them off and use them like standard earbuds.

For as often as I use the mic and headphones this is a perfect fit. Hope this helps someone else.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I finally found a substitute for the Apple Earbuds. You don't have to spend the $100 for the V-Moda's either. At my local Best Buy there is a Body Glove brand EARGLOVE SPORT STEREO HEADSET. On the box it says compatiable with iPhone. I didn't believe them so they opened it and sure enough a little adapter that comes with the headphones fits perfectly. You can fit 2.5 or 3.5.

The button has the same function as the Apple button. They are on sale for $33. Sound quality is great. I don't have Bose or anything to compare them to but definitely better than the Apple buds.

This set has the fabric style cords so it doesn't tangle. These are not located with all the other headphones but with the cellphone headphones. The come with 3 different sized buds, and over the ear pieces if you want, or taken them off and use them like standard earbuds.

For as often as I use the mic and headphones this is a perfect fit. Hope this helps someone else.
Linkage

So the button will forward and pause the ipod as well? I just can't stand the stupid stock buds anymore.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I picked up a pair of these tonight, and will be returning them in the morning. The fit is excellent and very comfortable, but the sound is notably worse than the stock earphones. Very muddled, way too much bass. I just couldn't find a setting that produced sound I was happy with, and I'm no audiophile. YMMV.

I also didn't like the long, large adapter that converts the 2.5 plug to 3.5. It looked like if you sat down with the phone in your front pocket it could easily snap either the converter or something in the phone.

Oh well, back to the stupid stockers for now.

Sep 11, 2007
I agree they have a lot of bass but I set my eq to the treble booster and they a fine for me. Thanks for the extra input though

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I bought a pair this weekend.

I have to say that the Bass "boominess" is pretty pronounced. Not just that the bass frequencies are just overpowering, its rather muddy. Although the problem is corrected somewhat by EQ for the music application, it does very little to correct a bigger problem when used as a phone headset. Voices are distorted by the muddy bass to the point that it makes voice conversation rather uncomfortable. Treble boost and Bass reduction don't seem to help at all. I wonder if EQ is disabled for the phone app.

I'll probably keep this set, but won't be satisfied to keep using it (once I get something better). About the only thing going for it is that they are not the butt-ugly always-get-dirty white of the Apple's. I'll probably ask "Santa" for some Vmoda's.