Body Worlds

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
I was wondering if anyone has seen one of the displays shows or exhibitions because I went to one yesterday and I thought it was cool and weird at the same time. Just wondering to those who went what you thought about it?
Sorry if this is too off topic. Oops I just found out there was an of topic fourm sorry :(

Yes, I went to BodyWorlds last year in Denver and it was nothing short of AMAZING! I want to go again next time it is near, and hopefully they will have some of the different exhibits. Apparently they have a number of exhibits that they rotate through the shows.

The plastination process is such a neat way of preserving tissue and other body elemets including nerves, etc. The various presentations of people and animals in all types of poses and different body sizes and ages is breathtaking.

Go see it. For a list of exhibitions coming up visit the Bodyworlds site.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
da wifey and I just spent over 3 delightful hours at the exhibit in Charlotte last week --- simply awesome, incredible -- beyond words ---

Now, in terms of full disclosure, in my former life I was a professor of gross anatomy in a med school so this to me was just humbling and mind boggling to see the displays and the quality. How i wished we had had this for my students. The dissection quality was extraordinary.

But even for wifey it was fantastic and I watched kids and others as they watched -- what a wonderful rich educational experience.

Go to youtube and search Body Worlds -- there are tons of videos there of the exhibits. If you're in Charlotte, you've got today and tomorrow I believe it is.

And after that experience, the mighty Demon Deacs won the Car Care Bowl the next day also ---- helluva little trip :) :) :)

and yes I couldn't resist a couple of iPhone camera shots! too dark tho

We and our pathology department were actually getting into this a litltle back in the mid '80's. That's another part of the exhibit-- not only normal anatomy, but pathology is shown as well --- total joint replacements in place, tumors, athero, etc etc.........

and the rider on the horse, both completely diseected was just stunning.......

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
I know I wanted to take a couple of camera shot with the iPhone too but I did not want to get kicked out LOL

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I bought a DVD in the gift shop afterwards but have not viewed it yet.

But after seeing how many videos there are on youtube and elsewhere, I'm thinking the reason for the no camera policy is not wanting the constant flashes going off and interfering with folks examining the specimen --- also probably slowing down lines if folks were taking tons of pics I guess.