Body wrap for Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Apple4me, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I've tried all of the Spigen cases and don't like the added bulk and that they take away from the beauty of my SS 42mm Apple Watch. I applied body skins to my watch last week and have been very impressed with the quality of the wrap and the fact that you can barely notice that it is on. The stainless steel shines through as if the skins aren't even there.

The wrap I used came from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NG09IT0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I didn't apply the screen protector, just the body skins. IMG_0491.jpg IMG_0490.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have read hundreds of reviews on clear cases like the Spigen, and various skins, and I'm still not sure what to get. Like you, I suspect the Spigen would be just too much extra bulk for me. I've looked at the Skinomi you mentioned, the IQ Shield Liquid Skin, and the ArmorSuit Military Shield. I was leaning toward the ArmorSuit because of the sheer number of reviews. They all have a small percentage of people that just don't seem to be able to put them on and/or just throw out negative comments, which need to be ignored. Regardless of which body protection I eventually choose, I think I'm going to use a Zagg InvisibleShield HD for the face. My experiences with Zagg have always been good, and the lifetime return guarantee is a nice deal, even if you do need to pay shipping.

3. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I use the Spigen Crystal & it isn't bulky, but it doesn't blend well. Definitely does not add to the beauty of the watch. It is super soft and protective...great for workouts and other activities where you don't want to worry about banging the watch on something, and aren't as concerned with how good your watch looks.

I also put the Zagg Shield on and I love everything about it except that the corners lift slightly when I put the Spigen case on.

Overall the watch is protected. Hopefully some prettier protectors come out soon. I would love to see leather protectors, in several colors. But I doubt that will happen.

4. Biggs91276

Biggs91276 New Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my watch

5. Biggs91276

Biggs91276 New Member

Apple4me how easy is it to install and do you apply solution I was thinking about also putting the monoy case or the soigné thin fit. Do you think it will work with a case?

6. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

Likewise, Zagg took care of me in the past.

7. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

So whats the verdict? There are so many to chose from ranging from under $15. I am concern that the case will scratch the watch and taking away from it's natural beauty. I would like a clear and or smoke case for my 42mm Sports Edition watch. I am wondering why Zagg has not jumped on board with a case for the Apple Watch yet, I checked their site directly. I have looked at Ebay, Amazon, and a host of other sites and they all look the same. Any additional suggestions.

8. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Zagg is very good about replace there stuff . Same goes with otter box.

9. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

My watch arrives tomorrow and I have an ArmorSuit that I will apply tomorrow night. It covers the sides and back as well. I'll let you know how the application goes, and then how it wears a few days later. A Zagg HD is going on the screen.
    armor.JPG

10. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I see that brand on just about every site.

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I ordered an Apple Watch adapter and some third-party bands. @Loquutis got me thinking, "what if one fails and my SS Apple Watch goes flying." I was in the group that would never have purchased a screen or body protector, but I'm switching camps. Ordered a case/screen cover and the Armorsuit full-body. That should put my mind at easy when experimenting with third-party bands.

Reviews of the Armorsuit look good, provided you have the patience. @Apple4me Great job on your install.

12. Biggs91276

Biggs91276 New Member

I have the armorsuit full body installed on my 42mm apple watch and it looks great! Just have patience when installing it. What case did you order?

13. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Thanks. I'll give it my best shot. I ordered a Monoy case, which I mentioned in the cases thread. Going to use some mix of body protector/screen protector. Not only am I concerned about parts failing, I'm worried about my own clumsiness and have the watch knock against walls.

14. Biggs91276

Biggs91276 New Member

Lol thats the exact case I'm using now. Only thing I don't have a screen protector on u really don't need one with that case plus I tried it with a screen protector and it didn't work out cause the case would stick to the protector every time u pressed on the screen and would make a sound every time. The case protects the entire screen of the watch and the sides as well. Careful when putting on the case with the full body as it will mess up the side skins u have to maneuver over the protector and then close it down over it.

15. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I have a combo of both Luvvitt Clarity Case and Armorsuit screen protector. I just installed the Armorsuit today and use a blow dryer to expedite the process. Here is what it looks like. Can't tell it's on my watch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434406608.802946.jpg

16. Biggs91276

Biggs91276 New Member

Looks good! I may try and install another screen protector. First one I tried was a total bust. Also having the monoy case on it has a slight delay on touch responsiveness plus I have a hard time turning the crown with the case on. I have the thin fit case which fits well with the full body on it fits snugly and won't pop off.