Bodyguardz + Incase Rubber Case = OCD?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Now I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this matter. Now I have just today ordered a set of Bodyguardz body protectors for my iPhone, so they should be arriving within the next couple of days. I also went ahead and called up my local Apple store and asked them if they had any of those black Incase Rubber Cases in stock, and they said they had many in stock.

Now what I really want to ask is if using the Bodyguardz protectors AND the Incase rubber case is just being paranoid, and whether it would be a good idea to put both on the iPhone at the same time. I've heard of the scratched the Incase case gives to the chrome bezel around the iPhone, but with the bodyguardz on I'm not worried about that.

So what do you guys think? Worth spending the extra $30 for the Incase case as well, or just leave the iPhone naked with the Bodyguardz on it?

zteg

Jun 26, 2007
So what do you guys think? Worth spending the extra $30 for the Incase case as well, or just leave the iPhone naked with the Bodyguardz on it?
Well, the incase wont provide any more scratch resistance than what you have with the bodyguardz. The added benefit will be the shock absorption the incase provides. So it all depends on how much shock absorption it provides for the cost of your iPhone being a little more bulky and "more difficult to get out of your pocket" (something I had read on the forums).

Personally, I am considering doing the same set up (Bodyguardz + incase) but I'm going to wait and see how much of the chrome bezel the BG covers and try and find out how much shock absorption the incase provides (in fear of the glass or insides breaking when dropped).

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
yes thats what i was thinkin of usin the incase for: shock absorbing. I want to see an actual pic of someones iPhone with the incase on it so i can see how much bulk it actually adds to the phone and to see if its tight fitting

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Now I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this matter. Now I have just today ordered a set of Bodyguardz body protectors for my iPhone, so they should be arriving within the next couple of days. I also went ahead and called up my local Apple store and asked them if they had any of those black Incase Rubber Cases in stock, and they said they had many in stock.

Now what I really want to ask is if using the Bodyguardz protectors AND the Incase rubber case is just being paranoid, and whether it would be a good idea to put both on the iPhone at the same time. I've heard of the scratched the Incase case gives to the chrome bezel around the iPhone, but with the bodyguardz on I'm not worried about that.

This is the EXACT combo I have. I've never been so careful with a phone but now I'm all OCD with the phone.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
lol well I've decided that what I'm gunna do is put on my bodyguardz and then look for the incase on ebay and buy it for cheap. I've seen the slate ones on ebay for ~20 dollars. Hopefully I'll find a black one on ebay soon :)

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
nice thanks a lot Mac Insomniac. I actually do like the look of it and it seems like it's not very noticeable and has a very sleek design. I was also worried that putting the Bodyguardz will only make the iPhone more slippery, and so it would be a good idea to add the Incase for some grip as well. Thanks again for the pictures :)

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
This is the EXACT combo I have. I've never been so careful with a phone but now I'm all OCD with the phone.
Does bodyguardz protect the chrome lining of the iPhone? I already have the crystal film set and the incase, I'm just looking for something to cover the back plus the chrome part of it.