Bodyguardz(Invisible Shield) hard to apply?

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Anyone notice that it is really hard to apply these skins? I ordered Bodyguardz and I had a hell of a time applying the skin to the phone. The screen was a breeze, it was the back that was a pain. Lining everything up....I am a perfectionist and it took me FOREVER to get it even remotely close to lining up properly. 3 of my corners are still not flush either, and with the frustration I went through, who knows if after it fully dries if there will be finger prints on the back of the phone under the skin. I do not want a case, but man this sucks.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
don't worry man theirs nothing wrong with being a perfectionist's;)
-The more time you put into applying it the better it will look/feel/ and last ;)

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
yes, the full body skins arent the funnest things to apply. but once you do it for the first time, it makes it a lot easier should you have to do it again.

time and patience will be your best shot at making the full body skin look and function well.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I just ordered one and I am going to have to same problem with being perfect. I saw a friends iPhone with a bubble on the screen, I asked why he had that, and he told me he doesn't even notice it! ahhh I couldn't look at his 3G cause of it.

Glad it turned out well. Do you like it so far? Are you going to have a case on it?

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I like the back more then the front. I was able to get all the bubbles away but was no able to get the corners down. I tried cutting them with a small utility knife, was very careful but unable to completely get rid of what was still not flush. Their customer service is fantastic, and sent me another back so I will give it one more shot. They said you can send them your phone and they will install for free. I just don't know if I could go that long without a phone let alone an iPhone.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Let's see some pictures!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im gonna definitely by an InvisiShield, but I think that I may couple it with some kind of carrying case just for protection while in my pocket. . .I hope that wont be over doing it:eek:

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Im gonna definitely by an InvisiShield, but I think that I may couple it with some kind of carrying case just for protection while in my pocket. . .I hope that wont be over doing it:eek:
Take your time applying them. If it's the kind that you need to get wet first, be careful to not let it fold in on itself with the adhesive sides touching. If you do, very carefuly peel them apart while they're wet so you don't rip them.

I actually used a small jeweler's loupe (magnifying glass) to make sure I had the edges and holes lined up correctly. It should be easy to slide it around on the back while it's wet but once it sticks down, you'd probably have to peel it most of the way off to reposition it. I did one on my phone first, and it came out pretty good, then I did one on my wife's and it came out better.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Seem's like once I get mine in, I am going to have some work ahead of me! I hope it all goes well.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Seem's like once I get mine in, I am going to have some work ahead of me! I hope it all goes well.
Just take your time and keep smoothing it down. The edges will take 10-15 minutes to stick well because it takes that long for the water to dry. Overall, it took about 30-40 minutes to get it all down and smoothed out. Don't be afraid to peel it off and reapply it if you need to. As long as the sticky side stays slightly wet, it should come off easily if you gently pull it. I'd take pictures of mine but you can't tell its there. :)

BTW, I didn't get the BodyGuardz, I got a Best Skins Ever. There may be a difference