Bodyguardz Pure vs. Spigen Glas.T Slim

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Josh Yates, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Well...I pulled the trigger on the Spigen deal that was through StackSocial. Not a bad deal, but overall, the Glas.T Slim is VERY fragile! It installed okay...it was difficult to get into place and bubbles were apparent. There were also dust particles, so I had to pull it and use tape to get the dust out. I am in the process with Spigen trying to get a replacement of the Glas.T Slim after about five minutes on my phone. I was trying to smooth out a bubble on the edge of the glass and it CRACKED under my fingernail. Simply cracked! The first contact with Spigen through the StackSocial page indicated that I would have to send them back the glass, get a code for a $15 replacement, and then wait another week for it to return! Their policy for these kind of returns is one-year from purchase. We'll see how the support ticket goes...I'll post an update if their customer service comes through.

In the meantime, I purchased a Bodyguardz Pure for my iPhone 5s. So far...this protector is IMMENSELY better! It installed with ease. The box includes a suction cup that REALLY helps with installation. Not a speck of dust under it and it is on my phone with no bubbles at all. Seems to be great quality. Bodyguardz has a policy for lifetime replacements and they cost $12 for the Pure. You simply sign up for their Advantage Program (included with purchase) and ask them to send you a new Pure should you need it. You then send the broken Pure back and your replacement is complete (just like how Zagg does replacements).

Anyway...thought I'd inform you...that's my $.02.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. MattR

MattR Guest

Really? I've had nothing but impeccable support from Spigen. However I've only used their thicker GLAS.t screen protectors - so I wouldn't cast their entire product line with the same brush!

And I've found their cases to be pretty good too :laugh2:

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

We'll, Spigen did finally get back to me after almost two months. They replaced the glas for free & it's now on my wife's iPhone 5. I have to say it's a great protector...maybe I got a bad one the first time. The thin profile has a great feel, but I do think it makes it much more fragile.

I do really like the Tough Armor case. Very impressed there. You may be very right about the thicker protector. It seems to be the case with the Bodyguardz.

The replacement policy is what had led me to Bodyguardz overall. Protectors will break or scratch. I've been with Zagg for a LONG time...but really wanted to go to a glass protector. Bodyguardz offers lifetime replacements for a much reduced price. Spigen is only a year. That made the decision for me. Well...that and Bodyguardz had a 50% off Black Friday sale making my protector for my iPad Air only $40 shipped instead of $70-80! Replacements are $30 as needed. Not too bad for glass!

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I recently got a refund from Spigen after returning a brand new case I decided I didn't want (didn't like the color). They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. You have to use the loathsome Help Desk on their website and wait for replies. The first reply took about a week and said I'd have the refund 10 businesss days after they received it. That 10 days came and went so I sent two inquires per week asking for a status update. They ignored every one of them for three weeks.

Then I finally got an apology email and refund. Despite the known flaw in the case (they break by the charging port opening after about six months), I love their bumper cases more than any other cases I have used, so I'm using one right now on my 5s.

5. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I have to agree. The only way I got a response was to post on Facebook and be a bit upset. Just about everyone on their page is upset. I do have to say, though, that their deals through StackSocial/Cult of Mac have probably strained their supply chain & customer service. Not a good excuse...but a reason.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, they clearly are overwhelmed and need to hire more support staff.

7. doppelganger

doppelganger Member
    Bronze

Good to know. I love my thicker Glass.tr. Had to reapply mine at first because it was a little crooked and pried it off no problem (with some force, it was pretty stuck) and then realigned... I didn't even think of the newer slimmer ones being more fragile but it makes sense. Will have to take that into consideration now next time I buy a glass protector.