Bookmark limit?

SGilbert

Nov 10, 2007
No. Indiana
I have a separate iPhone folder in Safari for bookmarks. There are 21 bookmarks in it, but only the 1st 18 will sync. There are 100's of bookmarks, however, in another folder.

Is there a limit? Do I need to prune my normal bookmarks?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes thats correct all or nothing i wish you could select as well being that i have way to many and some that i just don't want or would need on the iphoen

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
yes thats correct all or nothing i wish you could select as well being that i have way to many and some that i just don't want or would need on the iphoen
I am using Windows and I have a Favorites-Hold folder just below my Favorites list on my hard drive. When I want to sync my phone I grab all the non-related shortcuts and move them into the Favorites-Hold folder, sync the phone (syncing only the shortcuts remaining in my actual Favorites folder) then copy them back when the sync has completed. Pain in the butt but it is a way to do it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Let me start out by saying I have found no limit to the number bookmarks I sync to my iPhone. I have about a hundred (iphone-only bookmarks).

I have a PC and sync bookmarks with IE. IE is not my default browser; I only use it for iPhone bookmarks (and IE-only websites). This seems an acceptable workaround to the "must sync everything" behavior of bookmarks syncing. I use the Open in IE plugin in FF to open sites in IE that I want to bookmarks for my iPhone. Crude but effective...

--
Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I easily have 150 regular bookmarks of sites I visit regularly.

I have another 50 for webapps and I see no limit.

- John