Bookmarklets

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Does anyone know how i can get bookmarklets into my iPhone,, im running windows vista. thanks... if you don't know what a bookmarklet is check it out here http://www.lifeclever.com/17-powerful-bookmarklets-for-your-iphone/
Email them to the email address you check with your iPhone.

Click the link in the email, and after it loads in safari book mark it.

So if you have bookmarked say the find text bookmarklet, you just call it when you want to use it.

Example: go to a page in safari on your iPhone that has lots of text. Like cnn home page. After it loads click the bookmark for find text, you should get the prompt for the word you want to search for then enter say Iraq. The prompt should close and you should see the word Iraq in yellow on the cnn page.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Thats not going to work. Since bookmarklets are javascript programs they will just fire off when you click on the link, if you can even click on it to begin with since this os the iPhone were talking about here, not a sophisticated email program. The script wont remaint in tje address bar.

You have to bookmark the bookmarklets on your computer and sync them eith iTunes. Be careful to not have iTunes delete the bookmarks yoy already have on the iPhone.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Thats not going to work. Since bookmarklets are javascript programs they will just fire off when you click on the link, if you can even click on it to begin with since this os the iPhone were talking about here, not a sophisticated email program. The script wont remaint in tje address bar.

You have to bookmark the bookmarklets on your computer and sync them eith iTunes. Be careful to not have iTunes delete the bookmarks yoy already have on the iPhone.
Thanks for the reply, but im not sure how to bookmark a bookmarklet. Is that the same as adding the bookmarklet to my favorites list? Im a computer novice...thanks again

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks for the reply, but im not sure how to bookmark a bookmarklet. Is that the same as adding the bookmarklet to my favorites list? Im a computer novice...thanks again
Yes, same thing. They (the website where you find the bookmarklets) usually give you a link to right click on. So you right click and (in Windows) select Add to Favorites. There must be a similar thing for mac.