Bookmarks disappeared?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Simpleman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

I have a iP4s that has been great until recently. For unknown reasons my bookmarks have disappeared. I can save a website to my bookmarks and they are there. However, when I go directly to my bookmarks, I just get my recent browsing history. Any help to remedy this is appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Have you tried a hard reset? If not hold down the home button and power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (15-20 seconds or so) then release them and wait for the phone to finish rebooting.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The bookmarks should reappear after you reboot your phone.

This happened to me last week. I Googled it after deleting and adding my iCloud account back in didn't fix it. It seems to be a known problem that has affected a lot of people. The information I found said a reboot would fix it and it did.

4. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

Yeah, I tried the hard reset several times with no luck. This has happened once before but the bookmarks came back on their own, no rhyme or reason. I checked my settings and could not find anything. Really weird.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you try a regular reboot? Worked for me.

6. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

By regular reboot did you mean just holding down the button on the top of the phone until it powers off?

regards

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, press the lock button (top button) and slide to power off. Then press it again and you'll see the Apple logo. Let me know if that fixes it for you.

8. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

Argh! Didn't work after doing the soft reset several times. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help Europa

Sent using iCafe app

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

May sound silly, but are you sure you aren't looking at your history and not the actual bookmarks? I have done that before. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1359050180.329733.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

10. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

:rolleyes: OMG! I feel so stupid! That was it! Roof Monkey and Europa, thanks again, hope not too many people were reading this thread. What a dufus I am.

11. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

I kept pressing the "Done" tab and it would take me back to my browser. Never pressed the "bookmark" tab.

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

No need to feel stupid. Sometimes it's the simple things that slip past us. Glad you figured it out.

Sent using iCafe app

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Simpleman is calling himself stupid? :D

Just kidding. Just had to point out the connection of your comment to your user name. You're not stupid; it's how we learn things.

14. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith New Member

I just have to force close the app by holding the home button then clicking holding on the app then clicking the minus icon and when I open agan they are there