Bookmarks disappeared?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Simpleman

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
California
I have a iP4s that has been great until recently. For unknown reasons my bookmarks have disappeared. I can save a website to my bookmarks and they are there. However, when I go directly to my bookmarks, I just get my recent browsing history. Any help to remedy this is appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Have you tried a hard reset? If not hold down the home button and power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (15-20 seconds or so) then release them and wait for the phone to finish rebooting.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The bookmarks should reappear after you reboot your phone.

This happened to me last week. I Googled it after deleting and adding my iCloud account back in didn't fix it. It seems to be a known problem that has affected a lot of people. The information I found said a reboot would fix it and it did.

Simpleman

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
California
Yeah, I tried the hard reset several times with no luck. This has happened once before but the bookmarks came back on their own, no rhyme or reason. I checked my settings and could not find anything. Really weird.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I tried the hard reset several times with no luck. This has happened once before but the bookmarks came back on their own, no rhyme or reason. I checked my settings and could not find anything. Really weird.
Did you try a regular reboot? Worked for me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, press the lock button (top button) and slide to power off. Then press it again and you'll see the Apple logo. Let me know if that fixes it for you.

Jan 25, 2013
I just have to force close the app by holding the home button then clicking holding on the app then clicking the minus icon and when I open agan they are there