Boot Loop Dilemma

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hey guys!

I am so worried! I did a home and power button reset and now my iPhone just keeps booting up to the lockscreen then I get the little wheel spinning thing! It keeps doing this!

I don't know what to do! :(

I am on iOS5 Beta 4 and I also wanted to know if I can use the beta iTunes to downgrade to 4.3.3 as I have my SHSH saved and I am using TU

Please help ASAP

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
After your recent real-life drama related posts, maybe you could use a more specific title for this post. Maybe one that mentions it's an iOS 5 beta issue. Maybe less all caps shouting in it. Maybe?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
After your recent real-life drama related posts, maybe you could use a more specific title for this post. Maybe one that mentions it's an iOS 5 beta issue. Maybe less all caps shouting in it. Maybe?
My iPhone cost me £610! I'm sorry for being so concerened but I love my iPhone and I am afraid its ruined!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ah, much in the tradition of one named Hayes.....

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
New problem! I tried to restore to 4.3.3 and now I am stuck in recovery mode and TU will not kick it out of recovery! What now!?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
^^^ I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or want some help. Just saying you could tone down the drama level on the post title and make it a heck of a lot more useful by stating what your problem is or even giving a clue - rather than just a loud, random shout for help.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No one helped me.. And I got it working myself eventually. I am now on 4.3.5. Thanks for all your help
I replied to your PM so please don't imply that we were ignoring you.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I replied to your PM so please don't imply that we were ignoring you.
speak for yourself.

seriously though, I had a very similar incident on thursday or friday. restored again to beta 4 and had no issues. Updated today to beta 5 just fine.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
well I can't afford to replace it. I couldn't live without my iPhone
Kind of risky installing BETA operating system on a device that you can not live without don't ya think? Glad you got THIS issue fixed though.
And it was less than 1 hr between the time you needed help and you resolved it.

Sent from my iPhone

Joepa

Apr 18, 2011
Honolulu
Hi all, had same issue with ip stuck and my PC would not help. I finally gave in and went to Apple Store for restore to 4.3.5 BB 04.10.01. Thought I could downgrade to 4.3.3, same BB with TU but no luck. Restoring PC to a week back and plan to dl new dev. iOS 5b5 with new iTunes. I wish I could return to 4.3.3
but need mop or help. Saved all my
SHSH on Cydia and TU but can't get downgrade to work for me. I would appreciate any help. I have Googled for TU use guides and followed instructions to no avail. Please pm, thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
speak for yourself.

seriously though, I had a very similar incident on thursday or friday. restored again to beta 4 and had no issues. Updated today to beta 5 just fine.
Correction: Illusion, I replied to your PM so don't imply no one tried to help you.