Booted from maps

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
Every once in a while while im viewing maps I get booted out and back to home screen for no reason. Then I go back in and about 30 -45 secs later it happens again. Has anyone else had this happen?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Every once in a while while im viewing maps I get booted out and back to home screen for no reason. Then I go back in and about 30 -45 secs later it happens again. Has anyone else had this happen?
Towards the top of the page, just below the black bar, 3rd icon from the right.

"S E A R C H"

sunny_and72

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
san diego
www.crystalninja.com
mee toooo

i searched and only found about 6 topics... none really say what to do.
My iPhone is just idle on my desk, Im not listening to iTunes, im not syncing, nor am i on a phone call... just one task - i think to send photo in an email... as i go to choose a photo, it gets dropped in the email composer, then blinks and goes back to the main-home menu. Its been doing this on Emailing photos, Google, and now i cant even change my wallpaper all the way.. i will be at the Apple store tomorrow nite for 2 clases... if i figure it out, i will let anyone know. It is quite aggrivating.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Try to hold the home botton and sleep for like 15 seconds don't let go and silde the finger thing to power off just leave it alone.. and see if it works then.. that usually does the trick.. Its a simple bug that we hope will be fixed in a future update

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Also don't fully fill the iPhone. It seems to run better if it has some spare Flash storage as swap space. If you have less than 1 Gig free, try removing some stuff.

And use double taps to zoom, tap with two fingers to zoom out. If you try to pinch, Google maps is more unpredictable.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Happens all the freaking time to me too. Just a stupid bug that Apple has to fix. I recommend restarting your iPhone at least once a day, it cuts down on the crashing in Maps and many other programs like Safari and iPod.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Also don't fully fill the iPhone. It seems to run better if it has some spare Flash storage as swap space. If you have less than 1 Gig free, try removing some stuff.

And use double taps to zoom, tap with two fingers to zoom out. If you try to pinch, Google maps is more unpredictable.

Yeah thats true ive noticed that... Try what he said if reseting didn't work ;)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I noticed this last night, when you try and zoom it just goes balistic and you have to look for that red pin again. Thanks for tapping tip, I'll do that from now on ;)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
lol it does and sux when your in a rush

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
That happens, and more recently it is in love with a search I did a few days ago. It will just not let that one go. If I do a search, find a businesss, click it, call it, and then come back in after the call the same search results for something I did about 4 days ago is still in there.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
Yah I have been powering it down as well and it works pretty well for a day or 2 before it freeks again.