BORED! iPhone 4s Help

Daking618

Bronze
Oct 31, 2010
Miami Fl
Okay I've had the iPhone 3G 4 And now I have the 4s. I'm bored honestly I never got bored with my 4. But now that I've renewed my contract and I still have a iPhone I'm kinda wishing that I got an Android. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Apple fan. But maybe if I jailbreak it I'll have a better iPhone experience.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's the simplest things that make me happy nowadays, more than ever.
The iPhone just works, it's reliable, why change it.

Brnfox

Nov 1, 2011
It's just a mater of time all in all all phones have problems but between the pros & cons which ones stand out? The new Androids being built now are focused on iPhones old problems & things people want in iPhone but overall Apple has been constant in providing all things above & beyond. It's ok to wanna skip to the other side but all you're doing is mentally & logically downgrading your intellect for a temptation which is a fasaud to just either get your money or say you got caught cheating thus we take you back.
Simply put to all Android lovers
"It's a lot of you, But it's more of us"
If there was a standard 100 point test for all phones like there was for cars
Apple alone in all categories would stand @ least 85% & better
To this day I thank Steve Jobs for the vision & glory that he bestowed upon us. Just think you're thinking about going to a droid while Apple is contemplating iPhone 7 & remixing the iPhones & software we have now. In short I have this small logical advise for you & I hope this helps you & it's not @ all a disrespect to you but a cutting edge to help you realize what you have.
"Stop Looking @ The Polaroid & Look @ The Portrait"
& I'm out this ************
Rip Bernie Mac Lol

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
If you jailbreak you can run custom themes. Check some of them out in the Theme section. There are also an entire second ecosystem of apps you can access.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Do once I JB what are some things I can do
It was a bit too much at first, but thanks to the help of the jailbreaking gurus we have here at EIC within the first couple months I was able to do almost everything on my own.
You have all the help you need here at EIC. With jailbreaking the fun is unlimited.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Jailbreaking is great! Until you want to update the iOS to access new features in the new OS. Now, there are other alternatives available on cydia to emulate or add those stock iOS features when the come around, but updating is always an issue.

My iPhone 4 was jailbroken and it was great, I ran custom themes, tweaks and all kinds of goodies. I even dealt with the occasional major glitch that made me have to restore, but it wasn't that hard. It just all came down to wanting to update the OS that is making me not wanting to JB my 4s, especially with the OTA updates.

If you do jailbreak, look at TimelessHD or LiveOS (themes) on cydia, I ran them both and they were awesome.

LEFP4

Dec 1, 2011
If you didn't find your 4 boring what would make the 4s boring and how would Android make it anymore interesting. idk I don't get it.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
how would Android make it anymore interesting. idk I don't get it.
I really doubt you or many here really want the convo to go down this pipe so how about we all focus on helping the OP see if jailbreaking presents enough umph/wow to love his phone again.

How about someone screenshot SBSettings as well as the lockscreen modification to provide a little inspiration. :)

I should also add that the OP should consider how much he has invested in iOS apps. Moving to any other platform may require some degree of re-purchasing assuming the app/function has a similar on the new platform.