Bose in-ear headphones work!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

schulzmc

Jun 4, 2007
I've used the Bose in-ear headphones with my iPod for a while. At first I was bummed that they did not work with the iPhone. Then today I took a file to the circular end below the rectangular part of the plug, and with very little work the plug fits easily in the iPhone. No adapter needed. Very cool.

tman

Jul 14, 2007
I've used the Bose in-ear headphones with my iPod for a while. At first I was bummed that they did not work with the iPhone. Then today I took a file to the circular end below the rectangular part of the plug, and with very little work the plug fits easily in the iPhone. No adapter needed. Very cool.
Thanks schulzmc - I did the same to my bose headphones as well as my aux cable in my car - that saved me some change!

mrfcobf

Jul 22, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Thanks!

Hey! Thank you. I just did the same to my Bose in-ear headphones with a nail file, and it worked perfectly. That saved a few bucks!

I'll do the one in my car that goes to the strereo system in there next.

Thanks again,

Bob

djren37

Jun 9, 2007
I sold my bose triport ie cause the rubber earbuds kept falling off. Great bass and sound was missed till i got the v-moda vibe duo. Much lighter and they don't fall out of your ears. I too had filed it down to work with iPhone.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
today i razor bladed my bose quiet comfort 2 headphones and managed to shave off exactly the right amount causing minimal damage to the plug, works great

but i was terrified, i completely botched it on my cheaper headphones