Bose Soundlink

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kriss, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/promotions/entry_pages/ptn/soundlink_mobile/index.jsp&perfsourceid=K9677&src=K9677

Hey everyone. Happy New Year.
    Just wanted to share my opinion of this speaker for iPhone, iPad and iPods. (also works with any bluetooth device). I've tried several bluetooth speakers and all have failed miserably. The last, most regrettably was the Jawbone Jambox. Perhaps my expectations were too high for it but I thought it just sounded terrible. This new speaker by Bose, connected easily to all my devices and gives the most awesome sound for a portable speaker. I'm sitting in my little office and listening to some old music like Chicago, Black Sabbath, Heart and even the new Skrillex music. ALL sounds great on this speaker. The $300 price tag made me cautious but then, that's what returns are for. I have no reservations about giving this little speaker the best review ever. Is it pricy? Sure, but then I find you usually get what you pay for. If you've been looking for a long time, like me, for a nice way to listen to your music externally, this fits the bill. Hope this helps someone on the fence about what to get.

Regards,
    Kriss

2. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I checked this puppy out at the airport. It does sound very good. My problem with it is that it's very heavy. Not really something I want in my suitcase all the time.

I'm sure it's awesome in a little office. Thanks for the info.

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Yeah, it is a little heavy. I don't mind though. I can keep it in a bag in my car along with my iPod and I'm ready to rock. With the new iTunes match feature, my whole music library of 7000+ songs is available anytime I'm around wifi. so It's all good :)

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Bose gets a big thumbs up from me:)
    Was lucky enough to get Bose SoundDock for a birthday present...for the unit size I thought output was very impressive... a Big Sound from a Little Box...;)

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I've had some good results from Bose through the years. I've always looked at the SoundDock. I never really took the plunge for it. I'm sure it's impressive. The SoundLink is a different animal though. Roughly the size of a carton of cigarettes, a little shorter and built heavy, it can't compete with the Dock. However, that's not what it's meant to do. What it does do, it does very well :)

6. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I think I'll put it on my wish list. But at $300 it will be a while before I can pick one up.

7. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I totally understand that. It was a Christmas present for me though. (I always buy myself the BEST presents) hahaha.