Boss Prefs now has a 3G switch/toggle

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I just updated BossPrefs and there is finally a 3G toggle button. No more digging through 3 or 4 screens. I love it.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I just updated BossPrefs and there is finally a 3G toggle button. No more digging through 3 or 4 screens. I love it.
Since I am new to the iPhone 3G, what is "BossPrefs" and how does it work? Does the phone have to be jailbroken?

Thanks in advance!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Since I am new to the iPhone 3G, what is "BossPrefs" and how does it work? Does the phone have to be jailbroken?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, your phone has to be jailbroken. It basically is a screen with toggles for 3G, wifi, ssh... etc. That way you don't have to navigate through multiple screens to quickly disable something.

Jul 29, 2008
does it take a really long time for it to toggle on and off for anyone else? it's significantly faster for me to navigate to the general menu to turn it on/off. maybe it's because it's somewhat early, which the author clearly stated on opening the program for the first time?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Yes, your phone has to be jailbroken. It basically is a screen with toggles for 3G, wifi, ssh... etc. That way you don't have to navigate through multiple screens to quickly disable something.
Ramesh, you didn't upgrade to 2.0? Or did you jailbreak it?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Ramesh, you didn't upgrade to 2.0? Or did you jailbreak it?
yes, I'm on 2.0... (my sig states 16 gig, in white, only avail on 2.0)

I jailbroke it already. Customize has been released already, but I haven't messed with it. It has an option to import Summerboard themes...

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
but i don't think summerboards or any themes at all for that matter work on Customize yet...sorry

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
yes, I'm on 2.0... (my sig states 16 gig, in white, only avail on 2.0)

I jailbroke it already. Customize has been released already, but I haven't messed with it. It has an option to import Summerboard themes...
Oh. I don't see your sig. It's all white under your posts....

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
where is the 3g toggle switch? I can't find it. Thanks

PlastiKid

Oct 20, 2008
Good Morning,

Is there any chance to place the "current location" toggle button in the bossprefs app?

Regards.